Pan Fried Buffolamb Burgers - Not Q but DANG Good!

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
OK, We were both tired after work and neither of us felt like cooking so what to do? :idea: I had a lb of buffalo and a lb of lamb in the fridge...Burgers! I haven't pan fried a burger in ages (Did I mention I was tired? Lazy too...) so that's what we did. The usual suspects...

burger.jpg

Dusted the lamb generously with The Rub Co.'s Original and mixed it up with the buffalo...smoosh smoosh smoosh

burger1.jpg

burger2.jpg

And Joila! Redhot made some nice 1/2 lb patties...

burger3.jpg

Onto the George Forman "Grill" pan...dusted with The Rub Co.'s Barbeque

burger4.jpg

Flipped...
burger5.jpg

A little Provolone...

burger6.jpg

Put some mayo on the CWBs and toasted under the broiler...add brown mustard

burger7.jpg

Some odd stuff from the fridge...

burger9.jpg

Cheeseburger!

burger91.jpg

Redhot mixed some Habanero Death Dust into ketchup for hers...good thing I don't like ketchup on burgers:shocked:

burger93.jpg

And Mine. Served with sweet tater fries.

burger92.jpg

OK, so they weren't cooked over fire but they were pretty dang'd good!
We were stuffed.:-D

Thanks for looking!

I gotta admit(hopefully you guys won't banish me), I think I might prefer pan fried burgers. There is something about the sear that you get that makes it like a flat iron grill. Those look great Guerry.

I gotta admit(hopefully you guys won't banish me), I think I might prefer pan fried burgers. There is something about the sear that you get that makes it like a flat iron grill. Those look great Guerry.

I occasionally like to pan fry a steak in the CI skillet too.:thumb:

Farkin ACE!! Is all I can say.

It's common here to mince 50% beef and lamb. Makes for fantastic burgers and meat sauces etc.... Doing that with buffalo would have been sensational!

Love the pics all round too!!!

Cheers!

Bill

Thanks Bill! Yeppers, the lamb mixed with the buffalo made a GREAT burger! Much better than mixing pork with beef. We'll be doing this again...and again...and...:becky:

I was a little concerned about the flavor mix of lamb and buffalo but they were great! Would be even better with a little smoke from the grill, will be grilling them next time! BTW, I LOVED the HDD ketchup!

i love bison burgers.

also just had the other night a lamb burger for the first time. put tzatziki sauce on it and some feta cheese. lettuce and tomato. was like a gyro burger. was really good.

I am sooo hungry and that looks sooo good!!! Nice work.

We tasted quite a few of the rubs in our pantry and decided your "Original" was the best fit for the buffalo/lamb mix. Then the Barbeque on the outside was a natural too. Turns out we wuz rite!:thumb::thumb:

We tasted quite a few of the rubs in our pantry and decided your "Original" was the best fit for the buffalo/lamb mix. Then the Barbeque on the outside was a natural too. Turns out we wuz rite!:thumb::thumb:

Glad we made the cut after the taste test.:thumb:

Back