Vision classic Kamado on Sale $399

uncblue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I was in Costco in durham Nc today and it's marked down from $565 to $399. I love mine & wanted to share the love

Also available same price in Ral location off Wake Forest rd. Happy Smoking

Wow. I wonder if that's nation wide, I wouldn't hesitate to get one at that price. I'll have to stop by Costco to see. Thanks.

I have been waiting and watching here in CT for them to go on sale. I will have to call tomorrow to see if they are priced the same here.

Thanks for the heads up!

No worries fellas. They said sales on thru 7-7.... Do me a favor if you pull the trigger & buy 1 send me a note with a pic of your 1st cook :grin:

Just found out that they will price adjust for 1st 30 days so u may be safe to go ahead & then watch out for that price... Gonna be a PITA but I'm forced to buy another one then return that one with my original receipt since it's been over 30 days....:decision:

Little brother "Kub" down to $129 from $229 also..

s0wosj.jpg

Oh Wow... I've seen that before but didn't realize how awesome that could be Til I had the big guy. Gotta have that one for traveling.... Wonder where the closest Costco is that had one??? Will be calling Friday....

I went to buy one this afternoon and noticed the price. I didn't pick one up because I thought it was a different model since there was the huge price difference. If it is the same grill, I'm going back on Friday and pick one up. Can you guys confirm that this is the same unit that was priced at $569? Why would they drop the price so much, are they dropping Vision?

For indirect cooking/smoking, what are do you use for a "plate setter" and where do you buy it?

Chuck

Up here in Boston it's 399 too! Gonna go get the difference back. I bought mine a couple weeks ago at 598

I went to buy one this afternoon and noticed the price. I didn't pick one up because I thought it was a different model since there was the huge price difference. If it is the same grill, I'm going back on Friday and pick one up. Can you guys confirm that this is the same unit that was priced at $569? Why would they drop the price so much, are they dropping Vision?

For indirect cooking/smoking, what are do you use for a "plate setter" and where do you buy it?

Chuck

You better grab it. Before you think twice they'll be gone. I picked up the last one for my bro last year for $399. It's the same exact grill as listed for $569. There even were a few guys that picked it up at $199 when some Costcos got stuck with them at $399. It's just the end of season for Costco and they need to clear out the summer stuff to get fall merchandise in. They're not dropping Vision it's just time to make room for other things.

I'm planning to pick one up in the morning. Again, what are you guys using for a "plate setter" with the Vision grill?

Chuck

I'm planning to pick one up in the morning. Again, what are you guys using for a "plate setter" with the Vision grill?

Chuck

I grabbed to hot rolled flats of steel and bent them for the base. Then, I bought a 15" pizza pan to sit on top of the steel. Works like a charm and the total cost was < $25

Chuck

That's good. Vision kamados are built well and a steal at that price IMHO. I use the Kamado Joe deflector and Pizza stone. It set me back about $80 but well worth. I took that stone about 1000* if not more without issues. Works awesome and the KJ stones are of excellent quality. It's sits a tad bit high on my Vision but you can dremel some notches like the KJ. I chose to leave it alone. It doesnt impact the lid closure or anything even with dual racks in place.

Here is a side shot on how it sits:

20121110_135109.jpg

Good luck!

@ Chuckl - I bought the vision stone from Home Depot for I think $49. Works great and sits lower than the lip. I've only had it 2 mths and the metal bracket does show some rust but that area gets super heated. For pizzas, I leave lava stone on deflector in bottom and do a 2ns stone up on 2nd tier of rack. Works great....

I grabbed to hot rolled flats of steel and bent them for the base. Then, I bought a 15" pizza pan to sit on top of the steel. Works like a charm and the total cost was < $25
Did you use a metal pizza pan? I need something quick, the wife and daughter want ribs Monday.

Chuck

I picked one up today, now I just need to fix up a plate setter.

I picked one up today, now I just need to fix up a plate setter.

Congrats. I went back today & got the price adjustment. Now if I only I could figure out a way to get the small Kub without having to drive all the way to Maryland 8-(

I've done ribs and ribeye roast on the grill and find it extremely hard to maintain temperature. I have a BGE in Florida so I do know how to run one. I use a Party Q to control temperature, but because of air leaks around the bottom vent, it is very difficult to maintain temperature. On the BGE, it does a wonderful job. I guess more experimenting is in order.

Back