Never ending Rescue brisket has done me in! Final Pr0n and reflections

CharredApron

Babbling Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
Those of you who have followed my recent post's regarding this piece of brisket that i saved from the grinder, will understand my pain and agony! I cranked up the Kamado this morning. Packed the RO lump tight and started 1/4 of a chimney of Kingsford comp briquettes into the base of my Kamado (Vision Pro III) Dumped the charcoal on top of the lump, let it ride until everything was settled in. Put in the plate setter, drip pan and the double grate. Closed it up and waited another 20 minutes. Put on the 10lb Brisket at 10:00 A.M. did the S.S.S hygiene routine and went to my dentist appointment. When I left the cooker was at 260*.

I have a Oregon Scientific remote thermometer, so for S$$t's and giggles I put in the probe and set it for 160* went of to my dentist appointment and basically did my thing. Came home at 1:30 every thing was the same. IT of the brisket was around 155* and the grill temp was at 276*.

At this point I had to resist my urge to open the cooker up to marvel at the masterpiece that I alone had created. My dogs convinced me that this was not really a good idea!

So I endured the afternoon, made it through the stall period at approx 165* ( In sailing, we refer to it as the doldrums) desperately maintained my cool and refused to open the lid.

Broke through the stall and the temp began rising once again. I could take it no more and began probing.

brisketfinal001_zps72adc23c.jpg

Not quite buttah but close!

Reached the point at about 7:00 and I was staving!

brisketfinal003_zps151664ee.jpg

Pulled it, wrapped it, and sent it to the pre-warmed cooler to rest.
prepped and finished the sides and then plated dinner.

Rested and ready!
brisketfinal004_zps28c70b5a.jpg

brisketfinal005_zps9f3cb856.jpg

Final plate with a drizzle of Demi-Glace drip.

brisketfinal006_zps77c224c6.jpg

Ultimately, I would say that everything turned out great, but I would like to see free range, organic, grass fed livestock, become the norm and not the overpriced commodity that they are forced to be.

From where your lookin, that's a compliment!
I did rely on your old post for much of my support in the after carving. Thanks,
Jed

Probe, probe , probe! I personally think that there was not enough fat layering and the point was really small. These grass fed, hormone free cuts are totally different than the big box market slaughterhouse cuts.

Looks awesome, nice job sir. I echo your sentiments on grass fed. Mucho bettah IMO but until the damn government stops subsidizing corn (which will never happen...ah don't get me started!) we'll see a lot of corn fed beef.

Back