how manyt of you drive your woman crazy

My wife supports anything that makes me happy. Never get those significant others that don't :crazy:. It's like the ladies can do whatever and it isn't dumb/juvenile/silly. I certainly get the argument that if someone is blowing through family money to support whatever "habit" they have, but if that isn't the case and said habit isn't a detriment to the family then what heck does it matter :becky:?

My wife's culinary skills are shall we say interesting...

That said, I figured out a VERY VERY beneficial and simple technique to keep the Mrs. a bit less worked-up about my hobby. I CLEAN AS I GO!

Let me say that again. I CLEAN AS I GO!

Ok, so I'm being a bit dramatic, but I really think this makes her a lot happier about all the crap involved in some of the huge cooks I do.

There's still plenty of mess she cleans-up, but I think her seeing the effort on my part makes it much more palatable for her.

Spending or wanting to spend money on my hobbies drives my wife nuts. My wife knows all the techniques and tricks I use to que. That being said she loves it just as much as I do and she often plans our weekly meals to include some outdoor cooking.

"We need to plan meals for next week, let me check the weather report first."

She really hates my other hobbies.

I've been really lucky as I do drive her crazy....but in the very good way.

She LOVES the food and can't keep her hands off me when I smell like I've been making BBQ. Has said on several occasions that she wished there was a cologne that properly smelled of good bbq.

So since she's in that kinda mood.....I haven't gotten any complaints about the mess I make. Although......when I clean up it's another mega turn-on for her as well.:razz::razz:

I've been really lucky as I do drive her crazy....but in the very good way.

She LOVES the food and can't keep her hands off me when I smell like I've been making BBQ. Has said on several occasions that she wished there was a cologne that properly smelled of good bbq.

So since she's in that kinda mood.....I haven't gotten any complaints about the mess I make. Although......when I clean up it's another mega turn-on for her as well.:razz::razz:

Nothing sexier than a guy who can cook AND clean up after himself!!!! Women actually love to brag about those attributes to friends and co-workers.

to be honest, we only needed one reply, and that would be 100%, if you say no, you're lying!!!!

IN fact that what makes life, LIFE.:razz:

My wife's culinary skills are shall we say interesting...

That said, I figured out a VERY VERY beneficial and simple technique to keep the Mrs. a bit less worked-up about my hobby. I CLEAN AS I GO!

Let me say that again. I CLEAN AS I GO!

Ok, so I'm being a bit dramatic, but I really think this makes her a lot happier about all the crap involved in some of the huge cooks I do.

There's still plenty of mess she cleans-up, but I think her seeing the effort on my part makes it much more palatable for her.

And let the Church say Amen!! Some sage advice for anyone who's willing to listen.

To the OP. OK OK. I feel your pain Brother. It takes years of experince to get them trained correctly. Lucky for you I may be able to help. You start out with the small stuff like "Hey Hoooney, would you mind washing this grill grate?". Before you know it it will become habit. Just set said grate in sink, return an hour later and it's "Magically Clean". Once you've achieved this it's time for phase two. In my case, the water pan from said smoker. The same technique applies. It's Magically clean. Now your ready for phase three. Have all your cooking tool laid out for the smoke and meat unwrapped so you can trim it, season it whatever. Once your outside and have the smoker going with a cold beer and listening to your favorite tunes, everytime she comes out get up and adjust a vent and look worried and busy. Just as she's going back into the house say "Hey Baby, how about another cold beer?". Bonus points for that one if you can master it.

Once you've achieved this level of BBQ Wife Foo, you too can list your Wife in your signature like me.

Good Luck Weedhopper.

To the OP. OK OK. I feel your pain Brother. It takes years of experince to get them trained correctly. Lucky for you I may be able to help. You start out with the small stuff like "Hey Hoooney, would you mind washing this grill grate?". Before you know it it will become habit. Just set said grate in sink, return an hour later and it's "Magically Clean". Once you've achieved this it's time for phase two. In my case, the water pan from said smoker. The same technique applies. It's Magically clean. Now your ready for phase three. Have all your cooking tool laid out for the smoke and meat unwrapped so you can trim it, season it whatever. Once your outside and have the smoker going with a cold beer and listening to your favorite tunes, everytime she comes out get up and adjust a vent and look worried and busy. Just as she's going back into the house say "Hey Baby, how about another cold beer?". Bonus points for that one if you can master it. Once you've achieved this level of BBQ Wife Foo, you too can list your Wife in your signature like me.

Good Luck Weedhopper.

Very slick. unfortunately i am not that slick nor do I want my wife to invade my territory. Sometimes I like a little bit of alone time. This affords me 4-8hrs all by my lonesome.

Cannot wait to pass this tradition to my boy, though. Going to be at least another 10-12years. He's only 16 months old but loves BBQ

To the OP. OK OK. I feel your pain Brother. It takes years of experince to get them trained correctly. Lucky for you I may be able to help. You start out with the small stuff like "Hey Hoooney, would you mind washing this grill grate?". Before you know it it will become habit. Just set said grate in sink, return an hour later and it's "Magically Clean". Once you've achieved this it's time for phase two. In my case, the water pan from said smoker. The same technique applies. It's Magically clean. Now your ready for phase three. Have all your cooking tool laid out for the smoke and meat unwrapped so you can trim it, season it whatever. Once your outside and have the smoker going with a cold beer and listening to your favorite tunes, everytime she comes out get up and adjust a vent and look worried and busy. Just as she's going back into the house say "Hey Baby, how about another cold beer?". Bonus points for that one if you can master it.

Once you've achieved this level of BBQ Wife Foo, you too can list your Wife in your signature like me.

Good Luck Weedhopper.

Funny, she posted the exact same information about you. Here's the link: www.bullchit.com LOL

BBQ is like hopping in the sack with a woman. When you're new to it, you worry a lot about every little thing. After a while, you know it's going to be good so you just have fun and let things happen.

Million Dollar T-Shirt:idea:

Ok, this is so weird to be reading this post today.

A brief history....

I have several hobbies, that my wife seems to think are obsessions. The truth is, when I get into something, I inundate my life with that hobby to learn as much as I can and I really get into it. Mountain biking, photography, landscaping, guns, etc etc etc. I just find it therapeutic learning about new things.

Last year my boss made ribs for our squad. I was immediately in love with BBQ. I mean I have been a long term BBQ guy, however, always on a gas or propane style grill. After those ribs, I thought.... Hey new hobby.

The wife immediately met me with resistance. She and I both love BBQ and grilling, however, she did not want me waisting anymore money.

Like all new hobbies, I found forums and join this one. I began asking and learning about what to by. I was encouraged to purchase a WSM and debated for months over the 18 or 22.5. I settled on the 22.5 and went to the store to purchase it.

I was shocked about the size and it made my wife very angry. I used it twice and really felt that smoking may not be my total passion. I loved grilling and wanted something to accommodate. I sold the WSM after 3 uses, and purchased a OTG kettle. Loved it..... my wife said that is it for a year.

I started learning and cooking and falling in love with BBQ. I have tried everything on the grill!!! My wife was a little surprised that I kept with this hobby.

I continued researching on what to get next. I have decided on a Kamado Joe Big Joe. I have spent months learning and reading and trying to ensure that I make a sound decision. The wife said no way!!!!!!!!!!!

so I worked extra shifts to make up the money. Now I have the money and somehow we still argue over the purchase. I pick it up tomorrow and I think she has finally accepted that this is happening whether or not she likes it or not.

But she loves the BBQ, she loves that I enjoy it (she doesn't understand why) but she just thinks that I waist money on my obsessions as she calls it.

Anyways, in a few days she will be over it. I get her point though, I am always thinking about what is next. I love BBQ more than any other hobby I have taken on. It relaxes me!!! I work in a high stress career and find this and landscaping to be my unwinding and chill time.

Anyways, thanks for all these posts... they make me feel like my life is somewhat normal!!!

I wish that she loved what I loved, however, I'm glad that we are different... thats what made me fall in love with her from the beginning!!!!!

"Anyways, thanks for all these posts... they make me feel like my life is somewhat normal!!!"

Pretty much as normal & on par as you're going to get in this crowd..............:doh:

Hell. I talked my wife into joining. Of course, she's an excellent cook in the first place, and became just as interested in smoking as I did. Besides. I need her to do the chicken, which she does SO MUCH better than I ever did.

His wife has a big arse 2 x 4 that guarantees grill time for her!

Look at my signature …….

Q is the last hobby she has a problem with. Never a complaint except if she wants to cook - She is awesome at it and sometime does not want me in HER kitchen.

I got a table set up outside!

I drive my Fiancée Crazy, as she can't eat my Smoke food or cooking, she can only look at pictures, until she arrives from Malaysia in Sept. Then my life will be ruined

bosco, Very true opposites do attract. Now about those guns. They let y'all have them up your way?

yeah we can have guns, just a lot of crazy rules that you do not need to worry about.

Im in law enforcement here so kind of a gun nut...

I have a sig 226 enhanced elite 40 cal., glock 4th gen 9mm, S&W M&P 9mm. I use to have a few shot guns and rifles but just keep the pistols now.

We can't open carry, no home defence and you need a special licence to possess hand guns. Must have a safe, trigger locks and ammo stored separate from gun. You need an approval when you take them out of your house to a range. You apply for a form to transport.

Crazy rules!!!! but if your a gun nut... no choice

Back