View Single Post
Old 05-12-2009, 05:32 PM   #8
big brother smoke
somebody shut me the fark up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrikeEagle View Post
The difference is expectations and payment. It's tough to get paid "PP" when the actual count is in excess of the estimate. And, it sucks when a client is expecting to write a 'short check' because people didn't show. (The extra food is still sitting there at the end of the event.)

My general rule is to get paid 50% on booking with the balance at the beginning of 'set up' as this avoids all sorts of complications and payment delays. I personally HATE dealing with payment, or refunds, at the end of a gig. I would MUCH rather end the event on a positive note of everyone having had a GREAT time as we pack up and leave the event site.

For me, this works, but I am ALWAYS interested in how other folks do it, and why.
Thanks for your thoughts! I charge by the person with a $300 booking charge (to remove the date from our books) with a guaranteed minimum.
The balance is due 10 days in advance (No chasing the client after the event). My guaranteed minimum is 75, I have been known to do 50.