• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

1st attempt at Pizza on the UDS

DaveT

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
This was my first attempt at doing a Pizza on the UDS. I used the Pizza Dough recipe from the :Good Eats" show. I must have messed something up because the dough was tough and chewy. I think next time I try I will get a piece of dough from Domino's, my sister is a manager there. Here are the pics they actually look better that it tasted.

I was having a hard time getting the heat up to 500 degrees so the only thing I could think to do was to add some forced oxegen. Used a old furnace fan to blow into the intake. It kind of created a convection oven.
IMG_0033.jpg

This is my intake
IMG_0034.jpg

Here is the Pizza. 1/2 tomatoes, basil, and mushroom (wife's) other 1/2 Canadian bacon and pinapple.
IMG_0037.jpg

Pizza looks good.

If you want a lot of air flow without using such a big blower a hair blow dryer works great.

Pizza looks good.

If you want a lot of air flow without using such a big blower a hair blow dryer works great.

Not sure I would want to run a blow dryer for 20 min or longer. I guess if it had a blow only option no heat that would work otherwise that would be a lot of electricity to run. When we had a ice storm a couple years back and was out of power for 5 days I had a generator with an Amp meter on it. Whaen my wife would turn on the hair dryer it would use more power that everything combined.

The forced air sure did work well to get the heat up. I was maxed at 375 until I put the fan on. Ran it up to 500 in about 10 min.

Back