I have fond memories of my old assassin 24. I sold it three years ago to a fellow competitor and I still run in to it from time to time. Are you judging the freeze Que this weekend?

I have fond memories of my old assassin 24. I sold it three years ago to a fellow competitor and I still run in to it from time to time. Are you judging the freeze Que this weekend?

I am. Ill be there Sunday. You competing?

OK, OK. So. Here is where we sit. I didnt go SouthernQ, I didnt go Assassin. Was all set for the Assassin and took the advice of some great people on this site to stop in at the St Louis BBQ Store to look at the Humphries Smokers. Walked in on a nice Sunday afternoon and walked out on that same Sunday afternoon with a brand new Humphries Pint! That was last weekend and already seasoned and cooked on her three times. Big christening run with buddies is tomorrow.

Thanks for the insight and opinion into Humphries, they are great smokers and the people over at Humphries are just as awesome. Also, recommend St Louis BBQ Store to anyone. Guys over there know their stuff.

Semper Fi,
Sean

I've been eyeing Humphrey's Smokers for quite a while now.

What's your first impressions of the pint? Capacity, smoke flavor, how long of a burn can you get out of it?

I've been eyeing Humphrey's Smokers for quite a while now.

What's your first impressions of the pint? Capacity, smoke flavor, how long of a burn can you get out of it?

The Pint is a good size. I wouldn't have went any shorter because I like having more racks with good spacing. It is very well built, solid and seals well. It is a tall smoker so if you get the 8in castors I would also opt for some compound angled leg extensions for the castors. I called Chad Humphries and he is making me some. It will help with stability.
It holds about 12lbs of charcoal at max and takes an hour and a half to get up to temp. I filled it once and used it for the 3 hour seasoning run and then a 6 hour run with meats on. Never had to refill and there's still some in there for the third run I did.
It is deffinately a great smoker and I am glad this is the route I went. Also as a bonus, the people at Humphries Smokers cannot be beat. All great people who are quick to respond to email or Facebook question posts and it is good at least to me when the man himself answers the phone then answers your questions. You won't go wrong with a Humphries.

What color did you get ? did you get dropped in the water pan or slide out ? I want to get a drop in model but then order a slide out pan and build me a plate for it so I would have the best of both worlds.

Good thing you didn't see an LSG... Might have changed your mind again.

Kidding. Good luck with the new cabinet!

Back