Best BBQ in the Nation???

Good PP has texture, it should feel good to bite through it and then have it almost dissolve in your mouth (with that wonderful juice dribbling down your chin and getting on your "good shirt".)

Have to join the band wagon on the responses to pulled pork. But sure would like to try the guys brisket.

Did he say pink salt, as in curing salt or "pig salt"?

I cannot find anything on the net about "pig salt" and pink salt is a curing salt isn't it?

Otherwise it is an excellent advertisement for their business with some great background for Texas BBQ.

I have driven past that place more times than I can count and have never stopped in. Looks like that needs to change. I love the confidence. I just hope his food backs him up. Pulled pork is not popular in Texas at all but since I started making it people have really enjoyed it. Most the people I serve it to have never had it before.

That guy seems so shy and lacks confidence, I feel sorry for him. I do want pig salt, I am pretty sure he says pig salt, that has to be good.

That brisket sure does look good, but, then again, brisket fresh from the pit always, and I mean this, always looks good. And I really want to try Texas BBQ sausage.

That guy seems so shy and lacks confidence, I feel sorry for him. I do want pig salt, I am pretty sure he says pig salt, that has to be good.

That brisket sure does look good, but, then again, brisket fresh from the pit always, and I mean this, always looks good. And I really want to try Texas BBQ sausage.

I want to try some Meyers Sausage (which is TX sausage): http://cuetopiatexas.com/home.htm
I follow them on twitter and we have a lot of fun talking about Q and other silliness but the sausage pictures he posts look so yummy. I'm in lust.

Meyers and this guy are not far from each other on the same highway. Meyers BBQ sauce is real good. I buy all my sausage from Burton not far down the same highway. Its like a BBQ/Sausage trail from Houston to Austin.

Oooo, sausage. I think it would be better if I was in Texas eating it though. I really need a road trip.

Meyers and this guy are not far from each other on the same highway. Meyers BBQ sauce is real good. I buy all my sausage from Burton not far down the same highway. Its like a BBQ/Sausage trail from Houston to Austin.

I'm jealous. :becky::thumb:

Looks like a GREAT brisket. That he doesn't understand PP is understandable; he's from Texas afterall... <he can't help it>

;-)

Man that guy is a chode! Is his Q good? Yea maybe but I got a pulled pork sammy that will knock his knee high socks off! That I can guarantee!!!! BUT then again, he's from Texas where they think everything they do is better and bigger than anybody else. My best bud is from Dallas and he and I go round and round about texas. To tell the truth, I like the banter!!

Looks like a GREAT brisket. That he doesn't understand PP is understandable; he's from Texas afterall... <he can't help it>

;-)

So whatcha trying to say?!:redface:

I've only smoked a few PBs but I'm sure they would make you "Southern boys" proud. Honestly I almost enjoy Qing those more than brisket. I agree PB should not be mushy.. some local places try to pass that stuff on but I know better.

The best Texas sausage that I have tasted is from Louie Mueller's in Taylor. Mueller's is made on site and is a beef blend.
The worst sausage in TX/anywhere was at South Side/Elgin. It tasted like greese and effervecent bubbles.

Franklin BBQ in Austin blows away his product. City Market's fresh meats are pretty good though.

I've eaten at City several times during trips from Austin to Houston, and didn't really think their BBQ was anything special. When I was in there the store didn't look anything like this video, it was old, dusty, and crusty.

Heck of a speed trap through that town for sure.

Was that an infomercial? It sure appeared to be. I also wonder if the lead-in advertisement (about heart disease) was just a coincidence.

Back