Reheating Ribs and Brisket

BABYGOTBUTT

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
I have to cook for a large number of people at my wife's work summer party. They want ribs and brisket. I will need to do a large part of this cook in advance. With pork, I usually put in a food saver bag and warm it up in hot water. Anyone ever had to reheat ribs or know of a good way to reheat them? Obviously don't want them drying out. Thanks for the help

I reheat ribs or any barbecue for that matter using the vac bag hot water method.

I prefer reheating pork ribs in the oven. Sometimes, I'll boil them in a vac bag first and then put them in the oven, but the oven is always involved.

Last edited:
Wrap 'em in plastic wrap and reheat on the lowest setting in the oven right on the racks for about 30 min.

If ya got a Kettle, smoek the ribs to done and cool them fast to stop the cooking process. Then bring them to the event with a kettle and heat and sauce them on the grill. Brings back the flavor and sets the sauce.

For pretty much any Q, I put the meat in a SS or foil pan on a fine mesh grate (1/4"x 1/4") that sits about a 1/2" off the botton of the pan, add some apple juice or appropriate stock if I have it to about 1/4" depth, seal tightly with plastic & foil and into a 200*-225* oven until warmed. If I know I'm gonna pre-cook and hold, I don't pull the pork, just break it down enough to get rid of any unrendered fat and the bone; kind of big chunks then pull it after it is warm. Likewise, I don't cut brisket, ribs or chicken until its warmed and ready to eat. Always works for me.

I do what WineMaster suggested... Cook all of your food to just about shy of being finished. Wrap them tightly and pack them quickly in ice to stop the cooking. On they day of your event either cook them for 45-1hr on site and sauce or if that is not an option cook them at home,wrap them in foil and place them in a Cambro or a warm cooler with your food wrapped in foil and towels... Either way will keep them nice and warm for a good 4-5hours

Hey if you want to cook and leave whole then sauce and reheat on a grill go pick up my big one you know where it is.

Back