It's Friday - You know the drill....

LMAJ

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
We will be following JDs lead and will start the week off with steaks tonight.
Corned beef is soaking as we speak for pastrami tomorrow and will be putting on a brisket flat for my BIL who is recovering from back surgery. Brisket makes everything better doesn't it???

What say you - what's on the menu folks???

Will be defrosting 2 lbs of ground bison tonight for some avocado bison burgers. Mmm tatonka!

Call me a whimp, but there is no way in hell that my arse is BBQ'ing anything in this frigid weather although I really want a steak...

Corned beef is soaking as we speak for pastrami tomorrow and will be putting on a brisket flat for my BIL who is recovering from back surgery. Brisket makes everything better doesn't it???

I got a 5 lb. point in the freezer could you make pastrami out of that and what do you do besides soak it in water?

Friday Night Steak Night..."CAB T-Bones"...:p (on sale at QFC 5.99 lb)

I got a 5 lb. point in the freezer could you make pastrami out of that and what do you do besides soak it in water?
Is it already corned?? If not - that's the first step. You soak the corned beef in water to de-salt it some - I like to go a day or 2 changing the waer 2-3 times/day.

If I had a lovely 5 lb. brisket point I would cook it till it was done, then chop that bad boy up and make burnt ends... ummmm schnacky....

Got some Beeeeutiful Strips that will be going on the kettle along with a version of Skidders potatoes...............along with a few cold ones!

Im flying to frigid Wheaton, Ill. tonight, so no smoking. Planning on doing some to cooking this weekend with my Girlfriends family, but seeing as the air temp is -15 up there today without wind chill I doubt it will be outside...

Call me a whimp, but there is no way in hell that my arse is BBQ'ing anything in this frigid weather although I really want a steak...

OK, you're a wimp. Feel better? I would have called you smart, but you insisted on wimp, so be it...:mrgreen:

Friday - Filet Mignon, Rice, simple Salad

Saturday - Smoked Turkey Legs

Sunday - to be decided... GO CARDINALS!

I think I'll take that ground brisket and give a go at a smoked meatloaf.

Well..... beings we are having a heat-wave today(10 above instead of 19 below) might have to do some big-o fat-o cheese burgers on the kettle. YUM!

I have a 13.8 lb whole corned beef brisket soaking in a 5 gallon food container in the garage. It was 4 degrees here (-8 degrees with wind chill) when I left this AM...The Plan is to smoke it and make Pastrami on Sunday!

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

13lb brisket tomorrow for Sunday afternoon along with some pintos. Looks like mid 60's here all weekend.

Getting a smoker tomorrow (I hope) So tonight its Dominos or peanuts at the bar.:mrgreen:

Oh yeah forgot...

Cookin the best ever crab cakes tonight!!

Probably will do cheese fondue tomorrow and open a bottle of Swiss white wine ...

Yours in BBQ,

Cliff

We will be doing take lout as our kitchen is being re-done. Tomorrow we are in NYC as part of my sons Christmas gift to my wife. Sunday pizza and wings- same food as when the Eagles beat the Giants. Need that for good Mojo

We will be south of Houston by 10 am Sat. So, I hope the BIL got a briskie and some leg quarters. I'll be starved by then.

Cold

I am drinking my dinner tonight!!!!
And I'm a gonna start in about 1 hour.

I cut some chickens into pieces last night and marinated them in plain yogurt, olive oil, crushed garlic, lemon zest, halved lemon juice, paprika, oregano, thyme, rosemary, salt and pepper. I'll grill these from a height in my WSM tonight.

Back