Full leg of lamb vs semi-boneless- which would you pick.

dadsr4

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
The Easter sales are here, what is your preference and why?
While on the subject, locally Krogers has full legs at 4.99/ lb and Meijers has semi-boneless for 3.99/ lb.

I don't buy anything "semi-boneless" on principle- it's an oxymoronic term and I don't support that kind of labeling. Either it has a farkin bone in it or it doesn't.

However, I've never smoked lamb before and I am very tempted to take advantage of the holiday sales just to try it. If i do buy any, it'll definitely be bone-in as I save them for use in soups and chili.

Full if I can find it. No trussing. I'm lazy. Plus I can never find that damn twine.:becky:
Every semi-boneless I've ever cooked has already been trussed. Near as I can remember, they came from Oz that way.

Every semi-boneless I've ever cooked has already been trussed. Near as I can remember, they came from Oz that way.

Yeah, but I always cut that off so I can properly season it and have to re-truss it. I just got back from my local Kroger and all they had was the center cut bone in legs and boneless. The center cut was 5.99/lb so I still snagged a 6.5 lb one. It will make a FINE Easter dinner.

I've never seen semi-boneless around here. It's all either bone-in, or boneless rolled and tied. I'll be picking up the latter, and smoking it on the rotisserie this weekend. :hungry:

Bone in.

Boneless if you are hotnfast butterflying it but even then, the edges get overcooked.
Boneless is only better if it is for a curry.
Lamb Curry?
Did someone say lamb curry...oh man...

Back