2 newbie questions

C

CSMASHE

Hi guys,
New to the site and have one site question and one bbq question.

Where is the search? I was looking to see if my question below was already answered but i could not find the search.

I have a brand new not so ugly drum smoker that i built. in a couple weeks i will smoking multiple butts and was wondering does having more then one butt in the smoker effect the cooking time?

Thanks

I use Chrome as a web browser and also had the same issue finding the search at the bottom of the site where the FAQ said. Once I switched to IE the search thing appeared so its apparently an issue with Chrome

Try the Firefox browser. As far as the Butts multiple meats will take the same time as single ones as long as the fire control is even.

The search feature is at the bottom of the page. Time is only affected by the weight of the butts, not how many.

If a butt weighs 7lbs it takes X time, if a butt weighs 9.8lbs it will take X time. I have done 40lbs of butts on my UDS and depending on each butts weight it took different times (bigger butts longer, smaller less time)

Dont smush the butts together; leave some room between them for air to flow around them. They'll cook evenly and in the same time that it took to cook just 1.

Back