Home cured ham for Easter Final PrOn Experience Counts...I have none

You made biscuits out of cat's heads and gravy out of eyes? :shock:

:becky:

Nice job! I'm glad that it came out well!
No, Ron. I made biscuits out of Flour, lard and a little cheddar, and then used a cats head to mix them until it's eyes were red. Then I sat back and took the gravy boat to tuna town. But thanks for asking!

you're wecolme. it was fun cooking in tandem.

btw, how exactly did you know i'm in fairfield county? just give me two hours notice and i'll have something hot and nice cold ready to go. :becky:
I didn't! Just took a WILD GUESS. I lived in Fairfield for 19 years. Off Jennings road. Lookin for some Kuhn's Chili.

Very Very nice hometruckin! Great pic's and that plate makes me want to go for seconds.

Very nice! When you come up to Jupiter and take some of my rib roast, you better bring some of that ham!! :) Couple questions..
1. How big was the ham?
2. How much Cure#1 did you use?
3. What is Jezebell Sauce Glaze and how does one make it? :)

If you dont mind answering that is...

That's BY FAR my favorite ham recipe.

Oh.....and that's also my favorite baked bean recipe....:wink:

Glad it all worked out. Sure looks good!

Fantastic work there! Home curing a ham is very high on my list, and I've enjoyed everything out of that Charcuterie book. Really looks great - the ham, the sides, all of it.

Beautifully done. So glad that it turned out well. You nailed it right on when you said that cure keeps a low salt profile. It lets the meat and the smoke really shine through!

Great looking hunk of pig.

One thing I learned here was that, "it's just que". While we all learn more from failures, true BBQ is forgiving and more often than not are worries are for nothing.

Very nice! When you come up to Jupiter and take some of my rib roast, you better bring some of that ham!! :) Couple questions..
1. How big was the ham?
2. How much Cure#1 did you use?
3. What is Jezebell Sauce Glaze and how does one make it? :)

If you dont mind answering that is...
13 lb fresh ham with the shank removed, the shank was another 3 lbs.
The brine was
2 gallons water
3 cups Kosher coarse salt
4 Cups dark brown sugar
3 oz's tenderquick

Jezebel sauce
1 jar Orange marmalade
1 jar pineapple marmalade
1 jar apricot marmalade
1 tbls coleman's dry mustard
3 tbls fresh horseradish
fresh ground black pepper to taste.