• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

The Official Beercuer Hot Dog

beercuer

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
I'll share the one I cooked up for this here 4th of July. This is what I call the "Official Beercuer Dog." I sure hope that does not sound arrogant... it's just that I'm so proud of this puppy.

So, time to get started. I tend to really enjoy the Hebrew Nationals, particularly though, the beef knockwurst. However, my go to choice is this regional "Hoffy" brand, which just so happens to be the very same supplier to that world famous Pink's in West Hollywood. Notice that these are bun length dogs-- you'll see how dachshund-like this plated dog gets.

Let's see how the cooking of these goes from start to finish. I find that I prefer to grill mine indirect, under the nuance of mesquite or hickory smoke, in this case, mesquite. I believe the dogs develop more flavor this way. Maybe that's just my mind playing tricks on me, but the experience sure feels real.

Time to break out a serious roll, a long artisan filone with plenty of puppy seeds and such. Notice I fit two bun length dogs together inside it. Generous globs of good ol' yellow 'Marican mustard followed.

That would be great in itself, but let's take the flavor up a few notches. How about some potato salad and sliced tomato for more toppings? Pickles on the side and some nice pretzels to go with it (and don't forget your beer/ale!).

Lastly, here's the long view, if interested. I failed to get in the pic the coarse ground pepper with which I finished it. Optionally, a little celery seed could get included. Makes my top ten list anyway-- barkin' good. :biggrin1:

It never in my life occurred to me to put potato salad on a hot dog -- but I can actually imagine that tasting good. It would have to go on a dog in a pretty substantial bun, or it would surely be a mess, and the bun would get lost in the flavor/texture profile.

I admire the creativity, and I may just have to make me one of them dogs.

CD

Hot dogs are underutilized, you can do so much a good hot dog. Congratulations, looks like some delicious artwork there. I like to get the Nathan's famous angus dogs myself.

Not me. I didn't get an invite. Grrrrrrrrr...:mmph:

Love the tater salad. If a creamy slaw works, why the Hell won't tater salad too?

:thumb::thumb:

I include you, too... You're always welcome, Guerry! What happened to your cat???

I feel I should have had to put my quarters in the slot to pull the curtains up just to view this. That is a sexy dog.

Back