• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Pork bulgogi

I now have a plan for the tenderloins I picked up on special last weekend. Sweet! :thumb:

Is that the way you're supposed to eat them, over lettuce? or is that something you came up with on your own?

I now have a plan for the tenderloins I picked up on special last weekend. Sweet! :thumb:

Is that the way you're supposed to eat them, over lettuce? or is that something you came up with on your own?

I believe that's a standard method, maybe not in Korea, but here anyway. We use the lettuce leaves as wraps. Also can add grated carrots, sliced pear, crushed peanuts, etc. It's basically a burro without the complex carbs. My wife was sick, so I was in charge, and it was just meat and lettuce. :becky: I actually didn't have time to even eat, but ran out of the house to pick up our daughter from color guard practice. Was sure hungry when I got back.

Looks great, Gore - love Korean tacos! :thumb:Try adding some roasted cloves of garlic to the lettuce cups next time if you want to be super authentic.

I did notice however...there wasn't any parsley. Did you run out? :confused:

Looks great, Gore - love Korean tacos! :thumb:Try adding some roasted cloves of garlic to the lettuce cups next time if you want to be super authentic.

I did notice however...there wasn't any parsley. Did you run out? :confused:

yes, normally I would have put cilantro on that, but I was all out. We had some just before Christmas, but the cold of the last week wiped it all out. I like the idea of the roast garlic cloves. I could live off those things. :becky:

Looks good. Maybe next time try grilling it but use a frog mat so you don't loose anything through the grates.:thumb:

First off that really looked and I want to try that...Secondly, with the risk of sounding like an idiot, what is a frog mat? Can a brother enlighten me on this?

That looks great I thought that frog mats could only be used with indirect heat. Try a pizza crisper That has holes and is teflon

First off that really looked and I want to try that...Secondly, with the risk of sounding like an idiot, what is a frog mat? Can a brother enlighten me on this?

Visit
www.frogmats.com
They're sold through Amazon and many other places.

I use mine all the time. They're great for salmon, bacon, and anything that is a little fragile.

I do note this disclaimer on the website:

"Not Recommended for use directly over Fire or Flames. Use for Indirect heating and Food Dehydrators and Smoking only!"

They are good to 550*, so that is really high indirect heat. :twitch:

Gore, since I've not had bulgogi before your post makes me think
maybe I,ve missed some good eating.:thumb:

That's a great idea, but I believe frogmats are only rated for lower heat. I do have one of those metal vegetable-grilling trays with a bunch of holes it it. I used it before but it was a real pain to clean. Don't get me wrong, this was still very much worth eating and I will be put into the regular rotation, it just could have been a bit better.

Maybe one of these might be better.

http://webernation.weber.com/grilling-inspiration/01_04_2013

The exposure to the flame is better when used with the Weber grate but then your also pushing about $100 for both and you have two items to store.

308835_lg.jpg

I could be wrong, but I can see that being a real pain to clean. Yeah, I'm just going to whine and complain all day. I think what I'd like is a tray with a bunch of holes in it, but made of some non-stick material..., and it should be good size, not one of these weenie-sized ones they sell. Found any of those yet? :pop2:

I Googled "tray with a bunch of holes in it, but made of some non-stick material" and this was the only hit maybe you can find your answer there.

Back