Fruit Loops for dinner...

BBQ Grail

somebody shut me the fark up.

Batch Image
Reaction score
I busted my butt this afternoon and evening to fix a great meal for the ladies at Church. I saved me a couple of kabobs and other stuff.

But after doing all the work, cleaning up and such I just don't feel like eating it. This isn't the first time I've slaved all day and didn't want to eat what I cooked.

Am I the only one this happens to?

Cooked and served 3 briskets and sides for the boys at the gun club tonight.
Came home and had raisin bran for dinner......:icon_sleepy

I have found that after a long night/day of cooking for a large party (20 for me) I just am not as hungry as I would expect. I respect you all that do larger cooks, it is a lot of work!

After cooking a job or a comp the last thing any of us want to eat is BBQ or the food we just cooked....Chinese food always seems to hit the spot.

I couldn't agree more. At comps I normally eat cold cut sandwiches and just take the que to make sure it's right.

Being from CA, isn't there a certain fruit loop level you have to maintain? I think your body just realized that you weren't fruit loopy enough!

By the time 'dinner is served' when I cook for a tailgate party, comp, whatever - I am usually pretty full as I often try 'samples' of my work as I am cooking...............I tend to think of it as quality control.

We are always looking for a Salad Bar for Sat Night Dinner after a cookoff! Had enough meat for a while.

I never have an appetite after a full day of cooking! The next day however, I'm ready for some Que!

Happens to me frequently .. after smelling the smoke/food all day, by the time it's ready, I have no desire to eat it. The next couple days after-the-fact, however, are a different story.. :D

I also tend not to have an appetite after cooking for a big group. Part of it is the fact that I don't eat as much when it is warm out and I am usually running around, sweating pretty good when I am cooking for a crowd. It is not that I really don't want bbq, I am just not that hungry. That being said, the times when I am hungry, I usually don't eat Q.

wow, I thought it was just me!!! I find it hard to eat after a long day. Not the sides though, they are good anytime...

I made brisket but didn't want to eat just yet. We went out to eat instead.

It happens to me every Thanksgiving. I do the whole shebang for the clan and when all is said and done, I only nibble on a small plate of food. Then the next day I pig out on leftovers. This coming from a guy who's usually the biggest eater at the table. You know, they say to never trust a skinny chef...I'm beginning to doubt that. :biggrin:

The only meat I will eat at comp is pork. I cant bring myself to eat the chicken, ribs or brisket! We usually bring lasagna or go get pizza or something else.

Back