• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Zuppa Toscana. It's not BBQ but.......(Pr0n heavy)

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
It's farkin' delicious!

The wife and I had this soup for the first time about 3 or 4 years ago at Olive Garden. We loved it so much we looked up how to make it. This comes straight from our family recipe book:

Zuppa Toscana

Ingredients:

1 to 1.5 lb Italian sausage (we like hot italian sausage)

4 or 5 large russet baking potatoes or about 2.5 pounds, sliced in half, and then in 1/4 inch slices

1 large onion, minced or finely chopped

¼ to ½ package of bacon (though we usually use alsmost a pound). I chop it
finely after its been in the freezer
because it makes it easier.

2 clove garlic, minced

2 to 3 cups of kale (we cut it up finely)

1 48oz can of chicken broth

2 cups heavy whipping cream

2 teaspoons salt or to your taste

1 Teaspoon Italian seasoning

Parmesan cheese grated (sometime we use the Italian cheese mixture
from the any grocery store or cheddar if it's all we have on hand)

Directions:
Cook sausage in the bottom of large pot, take out and set aside(I do not
drain the sausage).
Fry bacon in the bottom of the pot until its crispy. Drain the grease.
Sautee the onions with the bacon in the pot.
Add chicken broth, potatoes, sausage, Italian seasoning, and garlic
Simmer until potatoes are cooked through
Lower heat and add the whipping cream and kale.
Salt and pepper to taste.
Heat through and serve.

Serve with cheese on top of each bowl

Thank me later!

This stuff is probably my favorite food so I had to share with the brethren. Here's some pics I took while preparing it:

suzuva6y.jpg

dumene7u.jpg

y8eru5um.jpg

ube8ybas.jpg

3ebavuzu.jpg

ajepa3e2.jpg

a4e8a7yj.jpg

ebumazyv.jpg

uguzu9y9.jpg

su2u3a4y.jpg

utavasa9.jpg

ta8ume6a.jpg

ytyza5ag.jpg

emy6e2ut.jpg

umevuva4.jpg

ma8ahe7a.jpg

Oh yeah, here's a pic of some leftover wings I smoked last night....just so this is BBQ related :mrgreen:

derasy7a.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Chris

Sent from my Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
By the way, if you had this in a restaurant it probably wouldn't have the Orange color. The Orange color is from the hot italian sausage so I don't mind it.

I've done the Chicken and Gnocci soup at home, and I don't know if it is just because it was a smaller batch, but mine at home came out much better that the restaurants. Both the wife and I agreed that mine was better. Next time I may try it with smoked chicken.

I've done the Chicken and Gnocci soup at home, and I don't know if it is just because it was a smaller batch, but mine at home came out much better that the restaurants. Both the wife and I agreed that mine was better. Next time I may try it with smoked chicken.

I know what ya mean, the soup I make at home is way better than what I get in the restaurant.

Thanks for this!!! I tried this at the OG this week and knew immediately that I could make it better. Looks like you saved me some time and thought. Can't wait to try this.

Thanks for this!!! I tried this at the OG this week and knew immediately that I could make it better. Looks like you saved me some time and thought. Can't wait to try this.

You're welcome, I hope you like it, I'm confident you will.

Looks great man!

Love making this and THIS is my go-to recipe.

That's very similar to the original recipe I tweaked for maximum deliciousness:mrgreen:

The wife made a version of this last week, still eating the leftovers!!! I think thats what I have for lunch today haha!! It really does need spicy sausage though. She used mild. Although it was great, the spicy would have put it over the top!

The wife made a version of this last week, still eating the leftovers!!! I think thats what I have for lunch today haha!! It really does need spicy sausage though. She used mild. Although it was great, the spicy would have put it over the top!

I don't have it on the recipe but we usually put red pepper flakes in also. The pepper and hot sausage give it a nice kick.

Hey Chris, I make the almost identical thing.
Differences are, I use smoked speck instead of streaky bacon, more kale and no cream.
I started out using them but this is where I am now in the constant evolution of cooking!

Excellent!

Hey Chris, I make the almost identical thing.
Differences are, I use smoked speck instead of streaky bacon, more kale and no cream.
I started out using them but this is where I am now in the constant evolution of cooking!

Excellent!

thanks, buccs!!! your version sounds dang tasty too!!!

I know what ya mean, the soup I make at home is way better than what I get in the restaurant.

I think anything made at home is better than any restaurant especially chains.
BTW soup looks great!

Back