Dilemma

icemn62

Babbling Farker
Reaction score

Here is the problem here at work. A bunch of us are getting together for lunch following the weekly staff meeting. They want to get BBQ. Not wanting to upturn the apple cart I agree. The place they choose is very low priced, $5.00 for a rib lunch w/ 1 side. The place I am willing to purchase BBQ from charges $12.00 for rib lunch.

Do I bite the bullet and get the “Yuck Que” or tell them some excuse and go get me some good tasting ribs?

What is the correct office etiquette?

I have about 30 mins to make something happen, or it is the BPJ samdwhich I packed for lunch.

Here is the problem here at work. A bunch of us are getting together for lunch following the weekly staff meeting. They want to get BBQ. Not wanting to upturn the apple cart I agree. The place they choose is very low priced, $5.00 for a rib lunch w/ 1 side. The place I am willing to purchase BBQ from charges $12.00 for rib lunch.

Do I bite the bullet and get the “Yuck Que” or tell them some excuse and go get me some good tasting ribs?

What is the correct office etiquette?

I have about 30 mins to make something happen, or it is the BPJ samdwhich I packed for lunch.

Ice did you warn them that they get what they pay for? If so, and they still want cheap Q, fark'em and go for the real deal!

Exactly what I would do. No reason to eat bad Q.

I would go with them.

Order a side of whatever is best (mac & cheese, beans, etc.)

Someone will ask "Don't you like barbecue?"

Then respond appropriately, something along the lines of

"I love barbecue, but this place only serves chit"

I ordered a small bowl of chilli. I picked up some ribs to cook this weekend, so I think on Monday I will get REVENGE.

1. Had you tried the food before, and was it crappy or did you base everything on the price and assume it was going to be crappy?

2. Now that lunch is over, was it a bad call or worth the $5 per plate?

3. Did they serve beer?

4. What were the waitresses wearing?

1. Had you tried the food before, and was it crappy or did you base everything on the price and assume it was going to be crappy?

2. Now that lunch is over, was it a bad call or worth the $5 per plate?

3. Did they serve beer?

4. What were the waitresses wearing?
:shock: :shock: :shock:

thirdeye.......Your Killing Me!:mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Good for you for not giving them the ole "What is good BBQ" lecture. Ain't easy to not appear to be a fanatic at times like that. I rarely have your discipline.

Perhaps you should show up with a big cooler of Q sometime for one of those lunches and show them an example.

One good rib is worth a 1000 words.

The Waiter had on jeans and a white tee shirt. The chilli was just food, not good not bad. They all talked and applauded about how good the sauce was. Sauce was WAY too sweet, KC masterpiece is better.
The meat had no hint of smoke to it. When I eat BBQ from home I smell a hint of smoke as I eat.

I had tried the food in the past, that is why I really did not want to go there. So far the revenge plan is to bring in 1/2 rack of ribs, some beans, some Stuffed Japs, and some greens. Of course for I have to keep my family from eating everything on Sunday for dinner.

Did have two people who have had my Que, tell me after lunch that my food is better.

some people just don't get it...

We have a local art fair and wine fest that historically is very good for us. We sold 1300 pulled pork sandwiches in 2.5 days last year. Anyway, there is a newer "Grill" in town that will be particiapting this year. They called me asking advice on portions, pricing and quantities. They are serving BBQ ribs, slaw and chicken breast sandwiches.

I quizzed them on their food and was told "we roast our ribs for 3 hours in the oven at the restaurant and put them on the gas grill 7 minutes to heat them. How many should we bring?" My first thought was none, but told them that I would bring at least 300 slabs (what I brought year before last, in addition to pulled pork).

The big difference is I cook them on site in a real BBQ pit, and they are peddling cr*p. I'm thinkin' they may have some leftovers!:twisted:

Sometimes in order to continue sucking at the corporate teat:roll: you just have to suck it up and go with the flow. I've ate food at meetings that would gag a maggot. The rubber chicken circuit of the political circle is the dead worst.

told them that I would bring at least 300 slabs (what I brought year before last, in addition to pulled pork). :twisted:

Now that my Brother is my kind of thinking. Make sure you stop by his booth to see how are things going.:roll:

No kidding! So this new grill is a competitor and they're asking you for intel? Riiiiiiight.

I would go with them.

Order a side of whatever is best (mac & cheese, beans, etc.)

Someone will ask "Don't you like barbecue?"

Then respond appropriately, something along the lines of

"I love barbecue, but this place only serves chit"

:lol: :lol: :lol: Dry arse farked up chit!!!!

New competitor

I was a wealth of slightly inaccurate information............

Back