For those who attended LI Grill Kings Judging Class

Rockaway BeachBQ

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Has anyone received their Judges packet yet? My wife and I attended and I even left a check for a shirt which has yet to be deposited. I thought they said we get our numbers in a month and it has been six weeks. It only occured to me to ask because I am working at the Big Apple BBQ Block Party this weekend and would have loved to been able to wear the shirt.

I spoke with a couple of my friends yesterday who were there and they haven't received anything yet either. I think it took KCBS about 6 weeks to get it to me when I got cert'd.

I have recieved nothing.. I called KCBS just prior to Bristol ,PA. contest, and they said they hadnt rec'd anythnig from the instructors, as of that date... Still waiting, as well... Rockaway, what are you working at at the BABBQ?? .. I'll be there Friday, Sat, and Sunday

I am supposed to get a job assignment today. I am hoping to get a job assisting with the seminars, but most likely will be helping with crowd control as a "line ambassador".

Good luck withthe Rockaway - lots of long lines and short tempers.

As of today, I have not received anything from taking that Judging class.. 8 weeks ???? and nothing... anyone, besides Steve, get their stuff??

I e-mail KCBS myself and ask them basically Wheres my stuff? The answer I got was that they did not get the
paperwork until the end of May. 6 to 8 weeks from that point. That sucks! just gotta wait.

Bobberqeer said:
As of today, I have not received anything from taking that Judging class.. 8 weeks ???? and nothing... anyone, besides Steve, get their stuff??

I was only breaking balls. i didnt get chit!

Big news, I just checked my bank statement and low and behold KCBS has processed my $25.00 for

my Judges shirt. So that may mean that its on the way!!!

I got my Judges package yesterday but no shirt. Check is not cashed either. I don't know if it is worth trying to pursue at this point.

Re: Grill Kings Judges Class

Morning Guys Dean here from Grill Kings the reason for the delay in shirts and badges was that the paper work from the class was not received by KCBS until May 26th? for some reason Linda and Jerry got it to them late. I and a few other people that took the class that I spoke with received the judges packet with ID and badge but no shirt.

Yes it does normally take 4-6 weeks so everyone should have everything shortly.

See you guys this weekend.

Regards,
Dean

Back