Want to replace my gasser with a turkey fryer

CustomBBQ

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
Hope everyone is gearing up for this weekend, I know I am, haha. So anyway, know that I have had my UDS since Sept., and I just got myself an old redhead, I want to get rid of my gasser. The only thing I use the gasser for is the pilot on the side to start a chimney of charcoal, haha. I haven't cooked anything on it for some time. I would love to get a nice turkey fryer to replace it, I also have a huge pot, so then I can have outdoor clam boils, steam lobsters, and of course, fry turkeys, haha.

I'm sure some other people on here use turkey fryers, any tips on which brand to go with? Definitely want one that's decent, preferably high BTU's. I've been looking at some, but of course I'd love anyone's input that has one. Thanks!!!!

I've had mine for so long the name is worn off. I fry everything in it. Try a prime rib, WOW. I use the burner for lots of different things, I have a large CI skillet that fits it, a wok, and as you mentioned a giant kettle and braiser for boils, chili cook-offs etc. Bought mine at The Home Depot. Good luck
Jed

I have had a King Cooker brand for 10+ years.
It has served me very well; however, there are units with large "ring" type burners that
are likely much faster on the market now.
I just purchased the 30 Qt. steamer basket from them and am pleased.
We did a crawfish boil last Sat and the burner kept up very well. I was concerned it may take too long to come to boil after adding nearly 10# of the mud bugs.
Overall good product for the $$, but if your budget allows get a bigger burner if you are using kettles over 30 Qt.
Let us know what you choose. :thumb:

Back