2nd Butt Smoke - 32 lbs - Ya'll Rock!!

uncblue

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Getting ready for Mother's Day weekend & family visits. The advice on here is spot on! Rcvd my Maverick E732 today AWESOME!!! Also my new vision lava stone diffuser AND my Plowboys Yardbird Rub. Followed the Chris Lilly injection marinade with a couple additions, a light coat of German brown mustard then the Plowboys. The Vision clasdic has Wicked Good lump with applewood chunks.. On smoker @ 6:30 & now laying in bed looking @ a 192 grill temp & butts @ 158. Love not having to get up to check.

Thanks again for all of the info... Amazing resource...

Quick question. Decided to bump up to 250ish range to move out of the stall after 190ish so I could remove in 5-6 hrs. Went from 190ish to 250ish range but grill probe climbed to 342 despite dome temp gauge staying in the 250-275 range. U think probe lost calibration? Think the jack may have come a little loose

Thoughts?

I think you should be ok. I cook at 275 to 325 to cut down on time anyway.

When the bone gets loose, you'll know it's done.

Has the IT of the meat changed?

Quick question. Decided to bump up to 250ish range to move out of the stall after 190ish so I could remove in 5-6 hrs. Went from 190ish to 250ish range but grill probe climbed to 342 despite dome temp gauge staying in the 250-275 range. U think probe lost calibration? Think the jack may have come a little loose

Thoughts?
Don't trust the dome thermometer. If the Maverick reads 212* in boiling water, it is accuate. The actual grate temperature is usually different than the dome temp.

Hey guys. What a day!! I wish I was sleeping when u posted. I had already dropped the pup off @ vet by then & was heading back for meetings. Turns out when the cable on the probe came out of the jack a little that was the culprit. Finally around 4 with the Mav high temp alarm beeping, I opened it up & pulled the probe out to cool, unplugged, and reinstalled. Dropped 100 degrees and worked like a charm. Pulled 1st butt around 8:30 @ 207 and the other 3 went til 11 to hit 200. Pulled & chopped the 1st butt for lunch & others rested in cooler for several hrs.

Back