Beef Brisket Help

Smokin Jo

MemberGot rid of the matchlight.
Reaction score
I am new to pellet world and want to do a small 8# beef brisket using Bentley's method. Any idea how long that should take?

I believe you will find that there is no good answer for you. A general rule would be around 1-1.5 hours per pound. That of course is very generic. Yours could be done faster, or slower. Your best answer and the one that I hate the most is.......It will be done when it is done. Cook it until it probes tender.

Of course your cooking temp will be a real factor on how fast it is done.

I don't know what Bently's method is, but if it involves foil during the smoking process, it will take less time to cook.

Haven't heard of that method, but that doesn't mean much as I'm no expert - but I will say whatever you do, you just cook it at your desired temp till it's tender (which you'll know by how it feels by probe rather than what temp it is), let it rest at least an hour, and eat it. That's basically all there is to it. Salt & pepper is a great way to go, but there are other interesting and delicious variations for rubs.

I am new to pellet world and want to do a small 8# beef brisket using Bentley's method. Any idea how long that should take?
Expensive cars can cook:confused: I don't know who Bently is or a dang thing about one of them Pellet Poopers. You want to fix a great brisket. rub it down with some Salt & Pepper through it on the pit at 300 and drink some Woobly Pops for about 4 hrs come back and do a Probe test it should be real close.

What brand and model of pellet smoker?

I don't remember Bentley's method, but in my FEC-100 I start at 200 degrees for 4 hours to get some smoke and then kick it to 240 until I get the bark color that I want (about 5-6 more hours) and then foil with some liquid and finish at 265 until it is probe tender, usually another 2 hours.

That is for a 12lb packer.

All together it works out to be an hour per pound, give or take.

Back