Lexington BBQ Capital Cookoff

Smoke'n Ice

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I got an email that indicates that the prize pools has just been increased to make it a "must do" cookoff if you are close to the area.
As an extra incentive and benefit for our teams,
you could have a chance to win a Lang BBQ Pit and a Gas Card!
If your entry for the 2nd Annual BBQ Capital Cook-off in Lexington, NC on April 27-28 is postmarked by April 15th your team name will be entered into a drawing for a Lang BBQ Pit! 10 lucky teams will be chosen during the Sponsor’s and Cook’s Reception on Friday evening. The pit is a Lang 84 Deluxe!
Don’t worry…if you aren’t one of the lucky teams, 125 raffle tickets will be available for purchase at $100 each with all of the proceeds benefitting Uptown Lexington, Inc. The winner will be announced during the awards ceremony on Saturday, April 28th.
And, stick around for the full awards ceremony…one lucky team will win a $50 gas card from Bank of the Carolinas, our lead sponsor at the conclusion of the ceremony.
We hope to see you here in Lexington on April 27-28!

they are showing only 20 teams signed up.... could it be that a lot of the teams are doing the west east contest involving Kings Mountain & Edenton, and Edenton being that same weekend???? Very possilby.

• You must cook both contests.
  • We must have a minimum of 10 teams participating.
  • Combined overall score from both contests will determine winners
  • Top 5 receive bonus money.
    • $1000
    • $500
    • $250
    • $150
    • $100

I wish these contests would have worked something out and not step on each other. These (plus Kings Mtn) are the only KCBS contests in NC in the month of March April or May so why they couldn't move some dates around makes no sense. If they werent on the same weekend you would see 40 + teams already signed up for these events. As it stands, we did Lexington last year but are heading to Edenton (even though its 4 hours farther for us) this time since its a dual contest and if they can get enough teams the West to East prize money is an added bonus.

Oh well, maybe next year they can all figure it out.

I really wish I wasn't going to be so busy the following week with Naptown (helping out with the judges class) or I would be back for sure. Chad and the crew hosted a first class comp last year and we will be there again. I was down in Charlotte a few weeks ago and I made a point of taking a detour for lunch at Lexington #1 and getting a quart of pimiento cheese from Conrad & Hinkle. Of course, anyone heading down there from up around my parts that wants to combine resources/driving maybe we should talk. I know where to get some really good chicken down there.....

Lang smokers team will be there.if anyone wants to purchase a cooker or firering let us know and we can save you some shipping possibly.

I wish they weren't both on the same weekend, but I'll be in Edenton!!

I wish these contests would have worked something out and not step on each other. These (plus Kings Mtn) are the only KCBS contests in NC in the month of March April or May so why they couldn't move some dates around makes no sense. If they werent on the same weekend you would see 40 + teams already signed up for these events. As it stands, we did Lexington last year but are heading to Edenton (even though its 4 hours farther for us) this time since its a dual contest and if they can get enough teams the West to East prize money is an added bonus.

Oh well, maybe next year they can all figure it out.

I agree 100%. It just doesn't make sense for Lexington to schedule the same weekend as Edenton. There are so few comps in NC, that it seems like something could have been worked out. Oh well, our first comp ever was Edenton last year, and it was great, so we're planning on keeping that one on the schedule as long as we do this.

Back