• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Cherry Glazed Wings

JONESY

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
I picked up the new Performer yesterday and decided to break it in with some smoked wings. I made a new glaze that I thought turned out very good;

-12oz jar of cherry preserve
-1/3 cup catchup
-1/3 cup sriracha
-1TBS garlic
-1TBS soy sauce
-1TBS honey
-1TBS ginger
Heat all ingredients over low heat, then blend to combine, simmer while wings are cooking.

New Performer
P1030746.jpg

Rubbed with Yardbird and some hot sausage
P1030747.jpg

Cooked at about 350* with some apple for flavor
P1030748.jpg

All plated up and ready to go
P1030752.jpg

P1030754.jpg

The wings turned out great and the performer cooked awesome.

Man.....it's WAY to early to be craving wings and sausages......:tsk:

Looks fantastic! Nicely done!:thumb::clap:

Dang, that looks good, and the recipe is simple enough so that even I might be able to get it right. Now you've gone and blown my whole plan for the day right outta the water! I may have to look at wings instead of pork to cook tonight.

I like that glaze! Question about quantity, when you say 1 Tbsp of ginger and garlic, is that ground dry ginger and granulated garlic or fresh minced?

Thanks, I look forward to trying this.

I like that glaze! Question about quantity, when you say 1 Tbsp of ginger and garlic, is that ground dry ginger and granulated garlic or fresh minced?

Thanks, I look forward to trying this.

Both were fresh, and those amounts are estimated, I didn't really measure anything.

How did the kid like 'em?
He's still a little to young, his two year old brother took one lick and liked the sweet, but not the heat.

That's it!
When I'm done working I'm gonna buy me a chicken!
I'd love to see your twist on these Phu. I think this glaze would be really good on ribs or pork also.

looks great... but what is "-1/3 cup sriracha" and where do you get it? any substitutes for it? thx

looks great... but what is "-1/3 cup sriracha" and where do you get it? any substitutes for it? thx

Sriracha is an Asian hot garlic/chili sauce, it is honestly in every grocery store I've been to. Its a clear squeeze bottle with a green cap, and a big rooster on the front. If you look I'm about 99% sure you will find it.

For a substitute I would try just your favorite hot sauce. The flavor of sriracha is awesome, and if like hot stuff, you will end up putting it on everything.

If you cant find it PM me your address and I'll send you a bottle. Its that good.

Looks awesome!

I've been making a cherry glaze for my ribs lately and it turns out great. Consists of reduced cherry pepsi, cherry preserves, horseradish mustard, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chipotle hot sauce and some rub and it's been a crowd fav. Just made them for the first time using SM Cherry this weekend and they were even better.

I think I'm going to try your recipe next time though. Sounds awesome.

Looks awesome!

I've been making a cherry glaze for my ribs lately and it turns out great. Consists of reduced cherry pepsi, cherry preserves, horseradish mustard, soy sauce, apple cider vinegar, chipotle hot sauce and some rub and it's been a crowd fav. Just made them for the first time using SM Cherry this weekend and they were even better.

I think I'm going to try your recipe next time though. Sounds awesome.

Yours sounds real good too, I'll give it a go. I think mine would work great on ribs as well, that may be my next step.

Those look awsome. I have to try that on my next wings.
I have a kettle and ceramic. I love them both but for some reason I enjoy cooking on my kettle more than the ceramic. I was ready to sell my ceramic setup with the stoker to buy a performer. I would use my perfrome most days and keep my kettle setup with the rotisserie. I figured I would keep my ceramic for the cold months. I do like it for longer cooks in the winter.

Great looking wings. I like the sauce recipe, too. I might have to reduce the heat for my stomach, but I'll borrow the rest, if you don't mind. :wink:

Great looking wings. I like the sauce recipe, too. I might have to reduce the heat for my stomach, but I'll borrow the rest, if you don't mind. :wink:[/QUOTE

Borrow all you want, this is just a base sauce in my opinion, the cherries add some nice bite
To the sweet and heat.

Back