"Award Winning" Peach Bourbon Baked Beans

Nice win, and thanks for posting the recipe..............will have to try this for sure on our next camping trip............

I'm glad this got bumped! :hungry:

Me too!:becky:

I tell ya...when I made these last week for work I didn't even get a taste of them I got so busy. I spooned a bowl out for the family that night and had a little yesterday for lunch. MAN....I love these beans. I really don't care for baked beans, but DANG they're good.

Not too hot, but spicy.
Not too sweet but sweet.
Lots of goodies in them. I always get, "What was the ____ I thought I tasted?"

Thanks to all who've tried em and have offered feedback!

thanks wampus and congratulations. i bookmarked this and am definately going to try it.

Thank you so much for sharing your prize winning recipe with all the Brethren, Wampus. Harvard and I have been invited to a party on the 28th where you're supposed to bring something to share. I can't think of a better contribution than your baked beans recipe, and I'm dying to see their reactions to it! You're making my job easy, bud!! :-D

Looks like a great recipe there Kempis! Got three of my favorite foods there; frijoles, peaches & bourbon.

Thanks for sharing. don't know how i missed this post last summer.

Looks like a great recipe there Kempis! Got three of my favorite foods there; frijoles, peaches & bourbon.

Thanks for sharing. don't know how i missed this post last summer.

Agree! Glad someone bumped this! It's on my to-do list now.

OK, I'm finally getting around to making these this weekend. One question, I was thinking of doing a butt, and wonder if I should put the beans under the butt to catch the drippings, or just leave them as-is. If it was just plain-ol' beans, I wouldn't hesitate, but this recipe has so much other stuff in it, I'm afraid the drippings might alter the flavor balance. Anyone try this, or have any suggestions?

These are on my to-do list. As stated though, the sauce is a little hard to find. What tempature are beens smoked at?

I finally made these this weekend, and they are as advertised. I don't usually love beans, but these are wonderful. I actually used the two cans of great northerns plus a large can of pintos to make it go a little further. Easily the best beans I've ever had. Great work and thanks for sharing Wampus!

Back