Jack 7 pieces

Brew-B-Q

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
Got my packet today and it says I need to turn in 7 pieces for each category. Are there 7 judges, or is this just a Old #7 thing? I ask because I'm going to have a heck of a time getting 7 pieces of dark meat chicken and 7 pieces of white meat chicken in a box unless I make some big changes. 6 of each is ok, but a 7th thigh presents problems. Do I need to have 7 of everything or is that just a rule and the normal 6 judges will apply?

Thanks

You only need one peice of white meat in the box and the boxes they use are about 1.5" larger than the regular clam shell.

You need to turn in at least 7 pieces in each category. In chicken you have to turn in at least 7 pieces and white meat must be included in the box. You don't necessarily have to turn in 7 pieces of dark and 7 pieces of white, but I'd hate to upset a judge who wanted one or the other and didn't get it because there wasn't enough of both in the box for each judge.

...but that's just me.

IT is 7 pieces. For chicken it is 7 total pieces. I'd cut my normal dark meat pieces in 1/2, so there is room for white meat too :)

IT is 7 pieces. For chicken it is 7 total pieces. I'd cut my normal dark meat pieces in 1/2, so there is room for white meat too :)

Yep....Chicken only category this will make a difference from normal deal...

many ways play it....:thumb:....hopin we do better in sauce categorie this year..}:

Still only six judges. Like someone mentioned above the boxes are bigger as well. Last year I did my normal 6 thighs and sliced up a breast into 6 peices and put it in. going to mix it up this year a bit, but will still have 6 thighs and 6 sample of white meat

Got my packet today and it says I need to turn in 7 pieces for each category. Are there 7 judges, or is this just a Old #7 thing? I ask because I'm going to have a heck of a time getting 7 pieces of dark meat chicken and 7 pieces of white meat chicken in a box unless I make some big changes. 6 of each is ok, but a 7th thigh presents problems. Do I need to have 7 of everything or is that just a rule and the normal 6 judges will apply?

Thanks

I put in 9 thighs and white meat in there. You got to find some small thighs. 7 pieces instead of 6 just adds a bit more difficulty to a World Championship.

Small thighs like Podge said. He did win chicken at the Jack in 2007... Just sayin'... I never even considered the white as the 7th piece. Why take a shot of losing a point, because a judge wanted to push the cooks into trying to get 7 pieces on a box. And they reward accordingly...

Thanks everyone. My goal is to offer the same amount of pieces of dark and white so each judge can sample both, just wanted to know if that meant I had to have a total of 12 or 14 pieces.

Why take a shot of losing a point, because a judge wanted to push the cooks into trying to get 7 pieces on a box. And they reward accordingly...

this issue never crossed my mind, interesting

Back