Arizona Weld

NoviceBBQmovinUp

Knows what a fatty is.
Reaction score
So i created my fire basket with the expanded metal and a grate for my new UDS. i attached the expanded metal to the grate with stainless steel zip ties and i cant get over that its not solid.....Is there anyone in or around the Gilbert area who can quickly bust out a few welds so i can cut the zips off.....hoping for this thursday 7/21 anytime of the day cause its my day off??...let me know what i can offer you for the help, just keep in mind i am a broke college student.

How about machine screws and washers to hold it down? Do you have space to drill and tap a 1/4" hole to screw in the bolt? Or just a bolt/washer Then Washer/Nut to tighten that sucker up?

Not in your area, if I was I would, But I'm not... Just sayin.

Cheers

thanks for the idea, i was thinking about something like this. But... if i can i would rather weld that expanded metal to the grate in a few spots.

Ahhh, but CAN you...? lol just teasin. Just sharing thoughts brother. Whatever works.

Cheers

Welding in AZ

I could give you a hand with the welding, but probably not until the weekend. I'm in Gilbert as well. PM me and we should be able to sort something out for you.

Sterling

I could give you a hand with the welding, but probably not until the weekend. I'm in Gilbert as well. PM me and we should be able to sort something out for you.

Sterling

Well whaddya know!! This site keeps impressing me! :thumb:

Cheers

Stainless steel wire and safety wire pliers.

97% of the time, it works every time.

DSC00262a.jpg

My expando ring has been wired to my expando base for 5 or 6 years, it's held up just fine.

We use hogring wire ties, like upholsterers use . They seem to hold up better in the heat-cool change. Usually two per location which adds up, but works. Steve.

Back