New Build and First cook: UDS

Sammy_Shuford

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
UDS3.JPG

Fire basket is 15 diameter, and 8 tall. 2 inches space between bottom of fire basket and ash pan.

Wire handle works great for loading it in while HOT.

UDS1.JPG

Here it is, setting in the bottom of the drum.

UDS2.JPG

That is the top 3 inches of a weber kettle bottom, cut and fitted in the top of my drum. High temperature sealant filled the gap. All stainless hardware inside.

UDS3.JPG

24 inches from bottom cook grate to bottom og fire basket, 6 inches between grates. Notice the second fitting just the the left of the thermometer: It is 1/2 brass bolt, drilled to accept 12 inch therometer. I'm seeing about 20 degrees from outer and inner. Oh, baby backs treated with olive oil and Yard Bird Rub.

UDS4.JPG

And there she sits! Holding 225 like a dream.

UDS5.JPG

Great looking Drum!! Like the idea of using the rim off the bottom of the kettle to give a better fit to the top. My drum doesn't have a removable top, so I was wondering how best to create a lid... this gives me a good option!

It's what dreams are made of. I'm still to busy to get mine started. Have most of the parts just need a couple days of rain.

In the words of Joe Dirt: Dang, man! That looks good. We are gonna git out of this one horse town after all!

Congrats, bro. It looks good! If this is your 1st cook, things can only go up from here.

Back