Mbn experience (results) pics

smokincracker

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
If you have never experienced an MBN then get out there and give it a try!! WOW what an event. The Big Pig Jig in Vienna, GA ranks up there as one of the top most fun contests I've ever competed at. A huge thanks to my BBQ brother and good friend The Spiceman Jay for flying in and helping and also my friends John, Dennis and Dave who with out their help I would have been lost. All these guys worked their arses off for two days straight. Jay is still on a plane on the way back too KC. We cooked all three categories including Whole Hog, Whole Pork Shoulder & Baby Back Ribs. Over 125 teams participated and we walked the stage with an 8th place whole shoulder and finished 13th out of 40+ whole hogs with my first hog in competition ever and 25th in Ribs out of 120+. I was very pleased with our results. I never expected to walk the stage at our first MBN and never expected to put a hog in the top 15. I’ll write some more later and post some pictures. Again thanks to all that gave me support. Jimmy (Cracker)

Attachments

• Big Pig Jig 008.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 008.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 306
  • Big Pig Jig 011.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 011.jpg
    99.6 KB · Views: 303
  • Big Pig Jig 017.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 017.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 303
More MBN Pics

Hog Prep, On Site Judging, Love the roads in Vienna, GA

Attachments

• Big Pig Jig 020.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 020.jpg
    63.5 KB · Views: 300
  • Big Pig Jig 014.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 014.jpg
    78.7 KB · Views: 300
  • Big Pig Jig 005.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 005.jpg
    62.7 KB · Views: 300
  • Big Pig Jig 004.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 004.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 300
More Pictures

On site judging, Between judges, Stage 8th shoulder, The team.

Attachments

• Big Pig Jig 021.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 021.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 300
  • Big Pig Jig 024.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 024.jpg
    76.9 KB · Views: 298
  • Big Pig Jig 025.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 025.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 297
  • Big Pig Jig 032.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 032.jpg
    66.5 KB · Views: 297
  • Big Pig Jig 035.jpg
    Big Pig Jig 035.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 297
Way to go Cracker. MBN is an amazing contest format, and I hope it comes to California. The Big Pig Jig was an event not to be missed. Congrats on your walk.

Now, where can I get me one of them Smokin Cracker shirts.

Congrats on the great results!! Looks like a good time and a lot of work.

Darn proud of you Jimmy!!!!!

Who owns those smokers?
They look great.
You been "holding out" on us?? :lol:

See ya at Perry.

TIM

Great Job Jimmy and Crew! Nice to finally meet you too Gary. It was cool to get to see all the "big name" teams in their element on Saturday. Congrats to all those that walked the stage in Vienna!

Way to go Cracker. MBN is an amazing contest format, and I hope it comes to California. The Big Pig Jig was an event not to be missed. Congrats on your walk.

Now, where can I get me one of them Smokin Cracker shirts.
I got alot of **** requests so i'm working with my shirt guy check back

And CLEAN CLEAN CLEAN. You guys looked great! Very well done. I've already been
shafted into Pork Shoulders next year at Sweet Water / Deep Roots.

With sleeves, I almost didn't recognize Spicebag in those last pictures.

Ouhhh ... pork products! Me likely!
Ekkkkk ... directly selling it to the judges ... me no likely!

Looks like A LOT of fun, definitely something that I'd be interested in experiencing.

Just got back to the office. Man!! What a contest. If you do this one, bring plenty of help!!! And a trash can!!!!!:twisted:

Just got back to the office. Man!! What a contest. If you do this one, bring plenty of help!!! And a trash can!!!!!:twisted:

Glad to hear you made it home safe... Thanks again for everything!!!! I'll stop at The Home Depot and buy them out of trash cans on the way home.....

Back