• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

chipotle garden - the harvest continues, 40 reds

• Thread starter Rick's Tropical Delight
  • Start date
R

Rick's Tropical Delight

i can't say i'm an expert or i have 30 years experience in growing jalapenos, but here are some red jalapenos i just picked. these will be turning into chipotles this weekend,

in the last episode: http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=67036

the two pepper mounds with 10 plants each

jalapenos-006.jpg

jalapenos-007.jpg

a few are just starting to turn red

jalapenos-010.jpg

jalapenos-011.jpg

here's a tip - even the rotten peppers that squish in your fingers as you try to pick them are H O T and the hot doesn't wash off easily... :roll:

Very nice harvest. Hey, if you need some help disposing of those, let me know... :)

gee, some aren't ripe yet. hmmm

reread my other post, please. you're not here to argue, eh?

perhaps you can post a thread telling all your tips and experience for growing jalapenos. if you'd like, i'll stop posting anything related to jalapenos and chipotles altogether and you can take over. have a great night.

Will jalapenos continue to ripen off the vine? Just wondering, I know some fruits do and some don't.

Will jalapenos continue to ripen off the vine? Just wondering, I know some fruits do and some don't.

yes.

from wikipedia:
"Once picked, individual peppers ripen to red of their own accord. The peppers can be eaten green or red."

Rick where are the crasanthimums. :)

reread my other post, please. you're not here to argue, eh?

perhaps you can post a thread telling all your tips and experience for growing jalapenos. if you'd like, i'll stop posting anything related to jalapenos and chipotles altogether and you can take over. have a great night.

Well,that's is a quote!:-D

Back