Ukrainian Adventure with Phubar

Gore

Phizzy

Batch Image
Reaction score
Hiding out from blood suck ghost snake gods, Nazis
I thought it would be best to try and get some pics posted tonight 'cause tomorrow is a busy day. Phubar is currently getting to know some new friends a bit better and I don't think he'll be posting anything, but I may be wrong. I guess you could say these are some from Day 1. I suggested that Phubar show up Thursday so he could at least enjoy a Ukrainian picnic BBQ. We had a bit of entertainment all set up for him.

100_5372.jpg

and of course there was a bit of food

100_5365.jpg

We skipped the fish eggs and went straight for the meat

100_5368.jpg

Phubar was quite happy with this

100_5370.jpg

But eventually the other stuff was cleared off too

100_5371.jpg

Eventually, we had to head back to our "resort"

100_5383.jpg

There are some nice little trails on the grounds where one can find all kinds of wildlife

100_5380.jpg

There also is a nice river running right through our "resort"

100_5376.jpg

It is completely amazing. Every other environment like this is loaded with mosquitoes, but I've not seen one here. I think this is one of the benefits of Chernobyl that nobody ever mentions, but I'm a glass-half-full guy.

I expect there will be more pics tomorrow.

That's cool, thanks for sharing(well, all but the snake:wink:, I'd scream like a little girl, they give me the creeps). The food there looked fantastic. And no skeeters:thumb:

Nah... there's skeeters there. They just mutated. Now they're 10 meters long and invisible...:heh:

Amazing looking spread. Those skewers looked absolutely delicious. I'm jealous of the experience.:thumb:

Wow, awesome pics. Phubar's plate looks just like what I do, load up on the meat! How did that snake not make it on a grill somewhere? :p
Always nice to see pics of the Brethren, especially outside the U.S.

Thanks for sharing! Thats some serious meat grilling! Looks like you and Phu are having a great time Can't wait for more pics! BTW your pics quality is great!

What Breed of Snake is that? I don't recognize it...

YIKES!!! Does it matter?? I can't stand snakes!!! I'll surf with sharks, but snakes??? no way!

You've been there for a week almost how come this is the first pick of the grub?:wink:

:becky: ... You know the answer to this one! And you already know I'd rather eat what you're cooking than anything. Let's just say I was incapacitated for a couple days, being interviewed by at least five doctors. It is a new experience for Phubar and I think he'll have something to say about it! Last night he was invited to someone's house for a meal and he literally jumped at the opportunity. :-D I tried to convince him that the lunch we had was an "authentic Slavink" -- it probably was, but he was having known of it. Dinner was much worse (I never imagined putting chunks of pure lard within food for decorative purposes :shock:). I'd post more pictures and descriptions, but this is a food forum. Will definitely post pics of the banquets as the food is REALLY outstanding for these functions, more so in Ukraine than anywhere else I've been. You have to realize that we are at a special "resort" and the food is considered healthy here.

Wow, awesome pics. Phubar's plate looks just like what I do, load up on the meat! How did that snake not make it on a grill somewhere? :p
Always nice to see pics of the Brethren, especially outside the U.S.

What Breed of Snake is that? I don't recognize it...

YIKES!!! Does it matter?? I can't stand snakes!!! I'll surf with sharks, but snakes??? no way!

Lots of interest in this cute little snake. Zhenya was very concerned that I got up close to it. It was pretty fast, but it cannot strike in that position. He said if it bit me I would not die, but probably I would be quite ill for some days. Those two orange spots makes this snake recognizable. Also, he said it wasn't a snake, but a ...., (haven't a clue what the word was as it was Ukrainian). I'm sure there is snakologist here who can tell us. I wasn't going to get any closer to that than I'd get to a plate of okra.

Pharking nerds over here...all they do is talk about math,solar,polorisation,scattering and retardation...

I've said it before but Gore is cool...I can honestly call him Brother!:cool:
Our days are filled with all kind of trips,bad Phood and good drinking!
Yesterday I got me 2 bottles of wodka and a pack of applejuice for only 8$!

I'm probably posting a sh!tload of pics when I get back on wednesday,I'm afraid that I don't have much time to sort out the pics and uploading them...but,pics of girls included!:becky:

Very nice pics BBGore!

That looks like an amazing time.

I spent some time working in a herpetology lab back in the 80s and sent a picture of the snake to my former professor who identified immediately. It is a Natrix natrix - common name (Eastern) Grass Snake. Only the Eastern variety has the orange markings on it's head. It's non-venemous and always found near water as it feeds on amphibians.

Back