View Single Post
Old 05-30-2010, 05:48 AM   #325
Fmart322
Knows what a fatty is.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fmart322 View Post
I started comming to this site about a year ago, looking for a better grilling experience. So naturaly I wanted to get my hands on a Webber Grill. I'm a little cheap on it because about 5 years ago I bought myself a Kenmore stainless gasser. Don't get me wrong, I love that grill but we all know nothing cooks like wood. So I've been searching high and low for about 6 months for a Webber Kettle high and low off of CL and yardsales around my neck of the woods. Nothing. Money's been tight and my wife wouldn't understand if I spent money on a new unit seeing how we have a nice grill.

I did find a small smokey Joe grill at a yard sale for 5 bucks, brand new. It's a start. This year will be my year.
I hate to quote myself but after reading this thread again I found my post in it.

Since this post where I showed the site how I couldn't spell Weber correctly, I've since gotten my hands on not 1 but 2 - Weber 22" grills. I spent a total of $15 bucks on both of them. The first one my mother found at a yard sale for $25 bucks. She refused to take my money and said it was a gift because I always help her out. (I told her that's what son's are supposed to do for their moms)

The 2nd one I bought yesterday. I found it on CL about 10 miles up the road from me. A good friend was having a party yesterday and he expected a large turn out, which he had, and he thought he needed more cooking area to keep up with the masses. I told him I just got my hands on a Weber charcoal grill and love it. He said he loves food cooked over charcoal and started asking me how much something like that costs? I told him about a $100 bucks brand new but you could search CL or yardsales.

So, after we got off the phone I did a quick search on CL and saw one for $100 bucks, $60 bucks and one for $15 bucks, copy and pasted the 3 links to him and sent him the email.

5 minutes later I contacted the person who listed the grill for $15 bucks. She said she still had it and would sell it to me. I picked it up yesterday. She may have used it 3 times, if that.

I sold him a bag of charcoal for 5 bucks and he was hooked up for $20 bucks.

Everyone at the party loves it and they were jelious.

Thanks BBQ breathern for showing me the light!
Fmart322 is offline   Reply With Quote