Is this a good deal on CL?? White Weber Kettle

It depends on the condition of the grates inside and the lower vents. Personally I would offer him $30 for both the white and the red next to it :) $25 for the white seems a better price to me.

It depends on the condition of the grates inside and the lower vents. Personally I would offer him $30 for both the white and the red next to it :) $25 for the white seems a better price to me.

Right, the inside is important. I sent him a message and he asked if I wanted to take a look at it later today. He doesn't live far so I may go check it out. I asked if $40 was the bottom price so I'll see what he says. There were some others on CL in better shape, but an hour away. I'm guessing he is wanting to keep the red one :).

Whoops I misspoke about the price. New 22's are $89. He texted me he would drop to $35. I may bite since this is so close.

He said he bought it white. Never heard of white ones.

Go there and then offer him another ten to throw in the red one.

You can find them on sale, new, for about $70. I'd say no, not that old... $10, yes, perhaps, but you can spend a few dollars getting the grills nice/current. Again, I'm thinking new.

Well, I just did a google, amazon and a weber supply dealer search and came up with no such thing as a white weber. There are blue, red, black and green, but no white. I'd be cautious of it being an authentic weber. Check the air vent stamp on the top to see if it has weber stamped on it. Not saying it isn't authentic, but you never know!!!

Well, I just did a google, amazon and a weber supply dealer search and came up with no such thing as a white weber. There are blue, red, black and green, but no white. I'd be cautious of it being an authentic weber. Check the air vent stamp on the top to see if it has weber stamped on it. Not saying it isn't authentic, but you never know!!!

Yeah I couldn't find a white one either. He said he bought it 2 years ago. He said he would do 35. Its just tempting since I haven't seen one this low this close to me

Well, the pics give it the appearance of a Weber. Like said before, if the grates are to bad off, I would pass, but if it's just surface rust, those are easily cleaned with a little brillo pad and heavy duty oven cleaner. If they need replaced, you'll end up spending as much for the replacement grates and grill as it would cost to buy new.

Well, the pics give it the appearance of a Weber. Like said before, if the grates are to bad off, I would pass, but if it's just surface rust, those are easily cleaned with a little brillo pad and heavy duty oven cleaner. If they need replaced, you'll end up spending as much for the replacement grates and grill as it would cost to buy new.

^^^ that's what I was trying to say. The pic to me looks like they've spray painted a black one. So, the first question is: Did they use a very high temp spray paint? If not, they've ruined it (IMHO). Then there's the grates thing. For me, I'd rather pay $70-$90 and get a brand spankin' new one than drive across town to pick up a nasty need-to-be-rebuilt one. IMHO. By the way, I have 2 of them; they're very versatile. I love 'em, but I'd rather you save a few dollars and wait to get one new or in great shape than get something in this condition and not be very happy...

^^^ that's what I was trying to say. The pic to me looks like they've spray painted a black one. So, the first question is: Did they use a very high temp spray paint? If not, they've ruined it (IMHO). Then there's the grates thing. For me, I'd rather pay $70-$90 and get a brand spankin' new one than drive across town to pick up a nasty need-to-be-rebuilt one. IMHO. By the way, I have 2 of them; they're very versatile. I love 'em, but I'd rather you save a few dollars and wait to get one new or in great shape than get something in this condition and not be very happy...

Ditto. Even with high heat spray, they've ruined it. High heat paint wont last very long.

I agree. Luckily he is close and I'll take a look at it tonight before I buy. I asked him about the grates and he said they were good so we will see.

The only thing I'll throw out there is the wood handles. He may have bought it off of someone a couple of years ago, so the grill may be a bunch older. To that end, who knows how old it could be. If it's really old, they have a thicker porcelain/enamel finish. Many of these grill have some sort of chips on the lid at this point. These are hard to find. I doubt it's this old, and I doubt Weber would have ever made a white kettle, but I don't know it all, either. If it is really old, they insulate and cook multiple times better than the newer thinner ones, at which point makes the price a great deal. Good luck!

I saw this one this morning. I would be interested but I already have 2. $35 is a good price; jump on it.

Ok so updated information as I asked again about the white color. He said he bought it at an auction and white was the color it came with. So sounds like a custom paint job and since it was an auction maybe why he paid $150 for it.

The color doesn't matter to me, just as long as it is in good shape and cooks :). I'll update later. Thanks.

Finally a CL score on a 22.5 Weber Kettle! (Questions) (Pics)

I bought it and will post a new thread on it all.

Last edited:
Back