• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Florida Requirements

RubMeTender

Full Fledged Farker
Reaction score
Does anyone know that the requirements are in Florida to sell BBQ on the side of the road?

I beleive it changes from county to county in florida. I know in volusia county they are more laid back then in brevard county check with your county

Local Heath Dept and possibly County Business Licence. Start with Health Dept.

Yep. Check with the Health Department. I used the office on East Bay a few years ago. They were helpful. Do some on-line research and you can find the rather lengthy documentation on requirements...I will say the county pretty much mirrors the state requirements. Also, don't forget local municipality rules. It's a maze...

Yes....don't spend any money until you check with the Health Department.

You don't want to have to buy something twice...because it didn't pass inspection
the first time.

after much research, i think i'll stick to the comps and backyard for a little while. Florida doesnt seem as relaxed as other states. thanks for the help guys

Yes....don't spend any money until you check with the Health Department.

You don't want to have to buy something twice...because it didn't pass inspection
the first time.

Boy, ain't that the truth. :roll:

Boy, ain't that the truth. :roll:
Troubles Bubbles??????? Did you finally get approved? I think I'm doing a little better than you. For example as my sinks are for warewashing and hand washing only so all that air gap stuff does not apply. I needed a 6 gal water heater turned up to max heat but it should pass. Also got hit with a new NSF fridge ($1100) but that's life. And a new drain connection to be my mop sink with a cheap large funnel to pour slop water into. And they passed the 20 gal tank for waste with a 15 gal RV rolling unit and I have a 20 gal fresh. Big deal is self closing vending window and I think I have that licked. Friday afternoon he'll be here to inspect and collect $140 for the license.

And looks like I have a prime location on Thursdays until early October. I'm excited.

Troubles Bubbles??????? Did you finally get approved? I think I'm doing a little better than you. For example as my sinks are for warewashing and hand washing only so all that air gap stuff does not apply. I needed a 6 gal water heater turned up to max heat but it should pass. Also got hit with a new NSF fridge ($1100) but that's life. And a new drain connection to be my mop sink with a cheap large funnel to pour slop water into. And they passed the 20 gal tank for waste with a 15 gal RV rolling unit and I have a 20 gal fresh. Big deal is self closing vending window and I think I have that licked. Friday afternoon he'll be here to inspect and collect $140 for the license.

And looks like I have a prime location on Thursdays until early October. I'm excited.

Congrats Ford! And good luck!!!

Passed finally Monday, went with bar sinks and 2 4 gallon water heaters.
Problem was trying to make do with the VERY large triple stainless sink i had, would have needed a hot water heater on a trailer by their specs so all in all life is good and i re-opened today to a very hungry lunch crowd!

Good luck with inspection! :biggrin:

PS, i just put in a screen in my vending window with a small sliding panel to pass food thru.

Attachments

• Trailer 011.jpg
    Trailer 011.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 166
Steve

Is the screen self closing or did you buy an air curtain. That's a must in Kent County.

I sure would love to see some pics of that setup if you got any.

My hand closes it itself so I guess.
Air curtains are NOT bug proof, Mi. Food police are morons!
We need to get our own thread. Think. :)
Steve

Is the screen self closing or did you buy an air curtain. That's a must in Kent County.

Where is your prime location? I live near by and need to test some award winning Q. If I don't find some soon here in West MI, I will need to drive to New Baltimore to be schooled by Bubba.

Where is your prime location? I live near by and need to test some award winning Q. If I don't find some soon here in West MI, I will need to drive to New Baltimore to be schooled by Bubba.
Starting August 13 I'll be at the Plainfield Farmers Market every Thursday. I should arrive by noon or before and while the market doesn't officially open until 2:00 I can start selling when people get there. We finish at 7 or when I run out of food. I also plan to offer dinner deals where you pre-order ribs and get sides and a deal on price.

Also I'll be at the Rockford Celtic festival on Saturday Aug. 8.

Steve

I just found out from my local HD that they are now requiring self-closing vending windows. Anyone have a picture of one of these windows? I need to pass it on to my trailer builder...

While a self closing window/screen is more consistent than the human memory/manual closing it is actually less reliable.

Even with all the mistakes of the average human the total length of time that the window/screen remains open or open uncessarily will alway be much higher with the self-closing method. The risk of injury is also probably higher.

Back