The UGLIEST thighs ever!!!!

Garrett

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
I put absolutely no effort in these things to make them look good. I just wanted some tastey chicken for lunch. I did remove the bones, Why? FARK I don't know just did it. Sprinkled a little yardbird on them and in a way too big pan with a stick of parkay. Cooked at 300 with B&B briquettes ( not realy liking that stuff) and some white oak and wild cherry for smoke. After about an hour I put them skin down on the grate for 30 mins and dunked them in some Famous Dave's sweet and zesty. Ugliest thighs I've cooked but man they were good. ImageUploadedByTapatalk1358443729.295540.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358443747.418626.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358443769.820208.jpgImageUploadedByTapatalk1358443798.435884.jpg

looks like it just could have been trimmed up much better, take the skin right off square it up, and scrape some or all of the fat off, then square up the thigh itself

looks like it just could have been trimmed up much better, take the skin right off square it up, and scrape some or all of the fat off, then square up the thigh itself

I will do all that to thighs for comp practice, but this hole week has crapy weather here. Haven't got to work any because of weather so I've been catching up on the honey do list and snuck in a cook for lunch.

When I read the title, I thought you were talking about my neighbor lady.

Nice bird you got there, I didn't like the B&B briquettes either they just crumbled in my chimney when I used them, I love there oak lump though :wacko:

Nice bird you got there, I didn't like the B&B briquettes either they just crumbled in my chimney when I used them, I love there oak lump though :wacko:

I've used Ro lump and briquettes the last few years and have liked both, went to Academy and got 3 bags of B&B briquettes and 2 bags of oak lump. I've used 1 bag of the lump so far and liked it, I'm not getting the briquettes to burn as good/constant temp in my UDS as the RO/ Walmart brand.

Back