OLD school sausage stuffer pr0n

Yellowhair42

is one Smokin' Farker
Reaction score
When my dad died this was in the garage and none of my family wanted it.But I am glad because I did.I can remember him using it when I was very little.Now that I'm in the LEM #5 grinder club(partially inspired by BBQgeekess)I need a stuffer and will be refurbishing this.Not shown is the aluminum barrel which is 6"x18" and I guess holds about 20#.I am currently glass bead blasting down to bare metal.I plan on getting it tin plated(just like the shiny hand crank meat grinders).I will post finished pics when I get done.This thing is a solid cast iron beast weighing about 50#.Overall dimensions are 10"x10"x36".View attachment 93582

View attachment 93583

View attachment 93584

Last edited:
That thing looks awesome. Can't wait to see it finished.

When I first read the title I though this might be a thread about Ron Jeremy. :razz::tsk:

Wow, Yellow!! Tell me how that thing works.

Not shown is a crank on top.That's for rapid movement in or out.The crank shown is for slow mo and it's super low gear raduction.Think one revolution for about one inch of casing filled.It's massive gear reduction and so heavy that you don't even have to bolt or clamp it down in use.Retract rack/piston,pivot barrel up,fill,lay down,rapid piston into barrel,attach stuffing tube,load casing and use fine crank to stuff.If you want to stop by and see it in action when it's done Mr. Claw feel free.

Wow is that thing awesome! Can't wait to see the restoration!

Oh yeah, I forgot to add the stuffing tube lock ring has the word LYNITE cast into it.I figured this was some kind of aluminum alloy.I had never heard of that before and had to google it.I couldn't find much except that Indian had used it for their motorcycle pistons and connecting rods around 1930's.It is an alloy consisting of aluminum,copper,zinc,iron and sometimes magnesium.With that I believe this stuffer is from around that 1930's era.I wish I had asked my dad more about this when I had the chance.

You got a keeper there. Especially a that it was your Dad's. Can't wait to see it restored!

That is bad a**! I love old stuff like that. Stuff sure was built to last back than you cant get anything close to that in quality nowadays. Looking forward to the finished pics

I wonder what happened to the Improved Wiener Stuffer No 1. That is a great find. I haven't seen one of those on ebay ever. I've seen one similar but not that exact model. I'll bet the tube is steel with a tin coating on it. You don't see that much aluminum on things made back then.

I wonder what happened to the Improved Wiener Stuffer No 1. That is a great find. I haven't seen one of those on ebay ever. I've seen one similar but not that exact model. I'll bet the tube is steel with a tin coating on it. You don't see that much aluminum on things made back then.

It's got three tubes.1/2,3/4 and one inch.All cast LYNITE.Saw a couple units on the net.$300-350.This one's got sentimental value which is priceless.

Shaft chopped the words off.Wagner i.e. John Wagner improved stuffer number 2

That is a real gem, I love old tools!! On modern stuffers that have 2 gear ratios, you get only 1 handle and swap it back and forth. Are you sure that there is supposed to be another crank handle?

That is a real gem, I love old tools!! On modern stuffers that have 2 gear ratios, you get only 1 handle and swap it back and forth. Are you sure that there is supposed to be another crank handle?

Yes,I have it.Just didn't put it on.

I'm 64 and it's painful to think of all of the wonderful "ole school" things we've left behind. Good on you. I can't wait to see the restoration.

Back