Blues Hog BBQ Sauce

Lake Dogs

Quintessential Chatty Farker
Reaction score
2 questions:

1. Do they sell the Tennessee Red by the gallon (ala. the regular)?

2. Who online sells it least-expensive (including shipping)?

Thanks guys (for above). I did try Hawgeyesbbq. Wanted to see if anyone else
had it cheaper. Also, seems like the gallons of Tenn Red are sold out....

damnit steve, ya got me all excited, been waiting for like 4 months for them to have it in stock

Okay, I'll bite

You've waited 4 months for the gallon size, but the quart size has been in stock and is only $0.97 more than the gallon if buying 4 quarts seperately?

Someone in your family have a glass alergy?

Just sayin,

Me, no... Haven't been looking for 4 months, just a week...

HOLY COW at the shipping cost!!! $14 on a $18 order. Think not.

Anyone know of store(s) that might carry it?

yea, all that glass gets a little heavy, thats why i wanted the plastic jug. Plus, those blues hog jars are pretty thin, trust me, i ordered 4 and one came broken, and that chit is sticky

Me, no... Haven't been looking for 4 months, just a week...

I meant EMS, thats who I quoted at the 4 months.

You might want to (I've tried this in the past and been somewhat successful) skip the internet ordering and call direct.

I have been able to work out better shipping by moving up to case pricing (see what 4 gallons would run, and find 2 or 3 other brothers to split the case) and then using flat rate shipping (which is not weight dependent)

Just a thought...

yea, all that glass gets a little heavy, thats why i wanted the plastic jug. Plus, those blues hog jars are pretty thin, trust me, i ordered 4 and one came broken, and that chit is sticky

Rodger on that. Didnt think about crappy shipping packing.

Wish Great Lakes BBQ carried it!!

I'm just trying to try the darned things, both original and the tennessee red...

Amazon has decent prices on it, plus $9 PER JAR shipping. Yeah, that's gonna happen.

Right now I think I'll stick to my own recipe(s)... Would love to try this stuff IF I can
find it at a halfway decent price. Then again, if it's not, and I love the stuff...
Perhaps it's just best this way; too expensive....

actually, they were packed really well, the only thing that saved it from becoming a complete disaster was that they were thoroughly wrapped and taped with bubble wrap, held in most of the glass and most of the sauce, still wound up on everything in the box, didnt wanna knock thekansascitybbqstore. they were great, and shipped one out asap

HOLY COW at the shipping cost!!! $14 on a $18 order. Think not.

Anyone know of store(s) that might carry it?

Sorry man, in my book you're a lucky guy. There are lots of avid BBQ'ers that don't live in the continental US - $14 shipping on BBQ ingredients of any kind is something I can only dream about.

Found it. Poggly Woggly here local carrys it in small amounts. Still cheaper getting
small jars by the case than paying for ghastly shipping. They carry the original and
the honey mustard. Said he'd get Tenn Red for me. Woo Hoo. We're in business!!!

actually, they were packed really well, the only thing that saved it from becoming a complete disaster was that they were thoroughly wrapped and taped with bubble wrap, held in most of the glass and most of the sauce, still wound up on everything in the box, didnt wanna knock thekansascitybbqstore. they were great, and shipped one out asap

I think I meant to say "crappy shipping company kicking it around the warehouse" rather than to imply it was improperly packaged :wink:

But if you had a bottle break, like you said, boy would that be a sticky mess.

I love the stuff, but I cut it way down because its just too sweet.

yea, great tasting sticky mess, as i grabbed the shaker of plowboys i noticed something red, shiny, sticky, sweet, and fresh on the side of the bottle, one swipe of the finger and i knew it was blueshog. Luckily i got the box emptied and the broken bottle in a bag before it was a total disaster. Honestly, i think a jar of red, and a jar of original mixed together is the perfect bbq sauce for almost anything.

Back