• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Church Picnic

K

Koopdaddy

I have been asked to do pulled pork and grilled chicken for a church picnic. There will be approximately 200 people. I have never done something like this before so I need help planning how much meat I need to get and cook.

I plan to get 8lb butts and chicken thighs. How many butts should I get?

All the side dishes will be provided by someone else, I just need to do the meat.

Can I smoke the pork butt and pull it the day before and just reheat it for serving the next day?

Thanks for any help

Do you have any idea how many people will be eating Chicken or Pork?
What the split will be?

I do this exact setup at least twice ayear at our church. You will find that with many of the kids and women being there, you won't be doing 200 servings of each. I would figure about 150 servings of pork, or 75lbs of uncooked meat. Also, you will find that the chicken won't go as fast as you think. 100 servings of chix will be plenty.

Do you have any idea how many people will be eating Chicken or Pork?
What the split will be?

I really can't say for sure. I have never cooked for this group before. The event is not until September so I still have some time for planning. I hope maybe they can give me a few more specifics as we get closer to the date.

I do this exact setup at least twice ayear at our church. You will find that with many of the kids and women being there, you won't be doing 200 servings of each. I would figure about 150 servings of pork, or 75lbs of uncooked meat. Also, you will find that the chicken won't go as fast as you think. 100 servings of chix will be plenty.

Thanks for the advice!

Back