150 Lbs of Christmas Hams (pic heavy)

Now those are some fine looking hams, no wonder they all sold! Ribs ain't no slouch there either.

Phrasty!

An inspiration to us all. I love seeing your hand built bad a$$ pit (that I followed religiously during the build) all stuffed full of pork goodness. Love it.

did you inject with the brine, or something else?

No I don't inject with the brine, I found out it gets a bit salty. I inject with something sweeter about an hour before it goes. I use some fruit juice & stock that has been raised to a boil with some spices and a little honey to counter the saltiness of the brine.

That's all? That's all?!? Jeeze Louise! That's beautiful! Our 19 pounder will be getting a similar treatment except without the pink salt. You have just inspired us, and Redhot says thanks again!

You guys are most welcome Guerry, I cant wait to see what you & Redhot do with it. I am actually doing a special request ham with no pink salt either. I have never done one before. Very curious to see how it comes out. BTW with your big leg try inject about 10% weight of brine deep into the leg also around the bone to be sure its uniform with the short brining time. :becky:

Well, yeah, I could probably do that too if I wasn't spending my time shoveling snow ... :rolleyes:. Looks great!

What are you talking about? I was freezing here! I think it got down to about 68F. Man, It was cold! :shock::wink::becky: haha no snot here!!

Phrasty!

An inspiration to us all. I love seeing your hand built bad a$$ pit (that I followed religiously during the build) all stuffed full of pork goodness. Love it.

Thanks brother! Yah... I kinda catch myself getting lost staring at it with all that meat on there. She's doing well, need to give her another coat of paint soon. Thanks for the kind words! Hopefully I can get her on a trailer early 2011.

Cheers!

Those look Fantastic!!

I have always wanted to do my own ham but never have. Your post may have just inspired me! :idea:

Wow, that is some amazing looking Porkage. You've just inspired me to do my own ham...THANKS!

Wow, those sound and look great!

About how long did it take to bring that batch in the photo to temp? And, If you don't mind me asking, what do you sell them for?

I have a stupid question. Why did you use twine on the hams? Was that merely to give them a cris-cross effect?? Sorry for the retarded question. My local Kroger has a few of these fresh hams in stock...thinking about picking one of them up....they are stupid cheap....

Wow, those sound and look great!

About how long did it take to bring that batch in the photo to temp? And, If you don't mind me asking, what do you sell them for?

Thanks, The largest of the lot took about 10+ hours to reach temp. They didn't all come off at the same time.

I have a stupid question. Why did you use twine on the hams? Was that merely to give them a cris-cross effect?? Sorry for the retarded question. My local Kroger has a few of these fresh hams in stock...thinking about picking one of them up....they are stupid cheap....

I used the twine on the Boneless hams to keep them together. (not a stupid question :thumb:)

Cheers

Keep it up and you're gonna put Honebake out of business... Nice. Very nice. I just put smoked ham on my TTD list.

JT

Phrasty, way to go! You put that big cooker to good use! But I think you could have put a couple more hams on that rack! You missed a spot!:p

Looks fantastic, too late to do this for Christmas, but thinking New Years, this thread is getting bookmarked.

Years ago I had some ham that was the best we ever at, a guy selling from a smoker pulled behind his truck. I have never had any, or been able to cook any that matched it. I am willing to bet he did his a lot like this.
Thanks

Very Very Nice! That is a lot of pork! I read your thread on the smoker build the other day. Nice work on that also.

Back