• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

Did You Ever Receive a "Zero" in a Throwdown? Then Proudly Post Your Zeros HERE!

I'd like to submit a zero I am very proud of. Curry spiced tamales using smoked chicken and pork shoulder, charred corn guacamole, fresh pico de gallo with a jicama and fuji apple salad. Actually one of my favorite creations since I started BBQ

IMG_5688_zpsfjx0dhvb.jpg

As well you should be proud!!

The zeros on this site get tastier and tastier looking as the years roll by!

I'd like to submit a zero I am very proud of. Curry spiced tamales using smoked chicken and pork shoulder, charred corn guacamole, fresh pico de gallo with a jicama and fuji apple salad. Actually one of my favorite creations since I started BBQ

IMG_5688_zpsfjx0dhvb.jpg
What Throwdown was this from. I would've voted for it if I knew about it. Love me some Tamales!

Sometimes a Zero isn't the results of a poor looking dish but more a super looking dish by someone else.

There were some killer dishes in the noob throwdown. A bunch of them I definitely would have picked over mine

I would like to thank everyone that voted in the bacon throw down. It was my first entry and I was proudly rewarded with my first zero! I have to admit, it was tasty, but I wouldn't have voted for it based on my picture. We'll call it a bad first turn in box.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=234405

My "Shrimp" zero entry.
Cajun stuffed shrimp.
8TzHgbf.jpg

Thanks to all that participate in the throwdowns.

I'm sure those were really tasty, I love stuffed seafood thingies and would totally eat that. But they do kinda resemble some bugs laying on top of their little larvae spawn :p You had some tough competition that round.

I'm sure those were really tasty, I love stuffed seafood thingies and would totally eat that. But they do kinda resemble some bugs laying on top of their little larvae spawn :p You had some tough competition that round.

I could enjoy the shrimp, but sometimes I'd see grubs, and other times silkworm cocoons underneath. Made me think of Andrew Zimmerman's show.
On one of my zeros, the comment that stood out was "Like the plate". Turned out I'd used a Christmas platter. You never know what will stand out in a picture.

Back