Best Dang Beef Sammich I Ever Made

deguerre

somebody shut me the fark up.
Reaction score
Well then. After work I had gone to the Mom and Pop to get a few things, and bought some sammich basics. Mainly, cheap white buns and some chips. Got home and made slaw so it could sit and meld flavors overnight. Used this on the cabbage, with the red disc:

shredder1_zps9563fa32.jpg

I love this device. Shreds cabbage into tiny bits like nobody's bidness, and cleans way easier than a food processor. So, for the cabbage, I mixed the dressing:

1/2 cup Bragg's Organic Apple Cider Vinegar
6 TBS Turbinado sugar
6 TBS EVOO
2 1/2 tsp dry mustard powder
1 tsp dried celery flakes
1 tsp celery seeds
2 TBS Sriracha

Add the dry ingredients to the vinegar/Sriracha in a carafe and shake vigorously, add the oil and shake some more, pour over the cabbage and mix.

Time passed...

Now, when dinnertime came, we didn't feel up to making the brisket hash we had discussed, but, we had slaw...

So, I cut some thin slices from this (Note, pic for demonstration only. The sammich slices were much thinner):

slice_zpsecc1cd6b.jpg

Leftover from Sunday's cook.

Assembled the usual suspects:

sammich_zps77a01b5c.jpg

I splurged on my favorite CWBs - Lewis Brand (They make Bunny brand too) with the fancy seeds this time. An outrageous purchase at a dollar eighty nine. The BigButzBBQ No Butz sauce (Yes, I will sauce a brisket sammich, if not my pulled pork - shut up Landarc) my slaw, and the steamed beef sliced appropriately for a bun.

Prepped the bun:

sammich1_zpsca540b46.jpg

Piled on some beef...

sammich2_zps25390337.jpg

Added a touch of more sauce, then slaw, then the top bun slice. Pure. Simple. Goooooooood.

Had to prepare my side dish:

sammich4_zpsb9820ea1.jpg

And plated up...

sammich3_zps39508096.jpg

MAN. The brisket was better than it had been the night before. Smokier. This was a farking GOOD sammich.

But, the best I ever made?

Yep. Why? Because it was the one in front of me. :whoo::whoo::whoo:

Thanks for looking!

Last edited:
Brisket Sammie with slaw on? I dunno. You wouldn't respect me if I didn't let Bludawg out of his kennel and sic him on you!

On the other hand, that sure does look mighty tasty. :becky:

Brisket Sammie with slaw on? I dunno. You wouldn't respect me if I didn't let Bludawg out of his kennel and sic him on you!

On the other hand, that sure does look mighty tasty. :becky:

I know, right? But, the slaw sure beats the hell out of greasy fried onion rings. No, um, wait. Those might be good too. Well, you've GOT to have your veggies! No. Um, wait. Tater chips are a veggie, right?
Guess I AM a heretic...

You said brisket!!:-D

Great look'n sammie!!! Going to have to give that slaw a run too.:thumb:

This is the most recent mod of my slaw. Usually, I base the amount of Sriracha on the size of the cabbage head 1 to 2 TBS. Last time, Redhot made it, and went by my written note going with the 2 TBS for a SMALL head. And she used turbinado because we had been out of refined (Never seem to have that on hand anymore...) and it was better than the original. Last night I decided to use the Bragg's organic (With the mother) and had a small head again so I used her happy accident method. BAM! Good stuff.

I'll take a sammich and the whole bag of pickle chips!!

Love the Brim's. They're made right here in Memphis so they're fresh. :thumb:

Dig it man, the whole lot! Cole Slaw Recipe Rocks!

Thanks Jed! The slaw appears to be a little popular here. I had posted the original in the recipe section as an afterthought once, years ago. A couple folks noticed and...

I'd eat that!

Texas has SPOKE! :mrgreen:

Slide me one there G!

Got ya covered Rye'cheer. :thumb:

Looks killer. How about some details on how you got such a great looking bark?
Please....:mrgreen::mrgreen:

I used a chit load of BigButzBBQ Cow Pow rub on an untrimmed brisket, into the Cajun bandit, fat cap up, with a combo of lump and a buncha hickory chunks set to ~275 'til it was at 165 IT and panned, loosely foiled to let out steam, then ramping up to 300 'til done.

Did you get that slicer on QVC? I always watch their kitchen shows and have seen one that looks just like it and was wondering how it worked. I normally make my shredded cabbage by hand via knife since my food processor mouth opening isn't large enough for quarters of a cabbage head.

Did you get that slicer on QVC? I always watch their kitchen shows and have seen one that looks just like it and was wondering how it worked. I normally make my shredded cabbage by hand via knife since my food processor mouth opening isn't large enough for quarters of a cabbage head.

YES! I never watch QVC but one day I was flipping channels and there it was. I had been looking for one for YEARS. My mom had one made of stamped steel from the late '40s and I always wanted something like it. It's a simple hand cranked device, and it will take larger chunks than a processor but you still have to cut to fit. Prior to getting this, I too had been hand chopping with a knife.

I'd fire down at least one if not two of those sammies G... As long as you didn't serve them Redhot's black skivvies. :hand: :mrgreen:

I used a chit load of BigButzBBQ Cow Pow rub on an untrimmed brisket, into the Cajun bandit, fat cap up, with a combo of lump and a buncha hickory chunks set to ~275 'til it was at 165 IT and panned, loosely foiled to let out steam, then ramping up to 300 'til done.

Thanks....I really appreciate it. However, since it's fat cap up...I'm not interested..:mrgreen::mrgreen::mrgreen: j/k

Back