View Single Post
Old 12-01-2012, 02:06 AM   #14
BigBellyBBQ
is One Chatty Farker

The above works great...However I do a different twist...Using my backwoods cooker I go up to 500 to 600 degress...use a 10 pound prime rib...cut off the bone..spice up...garlic--rosemary--horse radish--salt pepper---oinoin--.tie bone back on...finish spice put in cooker---cook for 1 hour..NEVER OPEN the door...pull heat off (nEVER OPEN THE DOOR to the meat) use external wired probe take intenal temp 120 to 125...
Last weekend doing the same spice, I used an infra red turkey fryer...easier than the back woods cooker and great flavor...no hint of wood though ..
now when you use the high heat, it looks blackened and the middle is JUST PERFECT!!! Untie the bone and cut from that side as the bark is hard to penetrate..I guarentee the best you ever had...
If you want it even better, take off at 115-120 and flash on the charcoal grill...I think I will go make one now..