• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

finally found some!!!

chriscw81

is Blowin Smoke!
Reaction score
So lately I've been wanting to try some cherry wood and i havent been able find any....only cherry chips. I finally found some today at a small hardware store. :thumb: i've cooked with lots of other woods, just not cherry. Tomorrow i'll be giving a pork shoulder a HNF cherry smoke and i cant wait. now doubt it's gonna go well with the Simply Marvelous sweet and spicy. too bad i have to work today. i hear the sweet smoke flavor of cherry is awesome!! anyways, i'm just looking forward to it and thought i'd share.

any pointers for cherry wood?

:hungry:

chris

I think you're going to enjoy that! I've been on a cherry kick all summer long. Not only a great flavor, but adds a beautiful color to things as well.

so i was having a hard time finding cherry, found some, and...

when i got to work today a buddy told me he had lots of cherry wood at his house and i was welcome to it. :-D looks like i'll be cooking lots more with cherry.

I split this up today and probably have ten times this much cut ready to split after this springs storms !! Great wood the more I use it the more I like it
Cherrywood.jpg

I too haven't seen it locally until I made a trip to Home Depot last week and saw some bags
of Weber chunks. Bought a couple and used them on a small brisket. Loved the aroma and yhe
mild taste was very nice.. Nice pron btw...good cook

I too haven't seen it locally until I made a trip to Home Depot last week and saw some bags
of Weber chunks. Bought a couple and used them on a small brisket. Loved the aroma and yhe
mild taste was very nice.. Nice pron btw...good cook

I ended up finding the same weber bag. Got apple too :D

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

If you're in Virginia, there should be cherry growing all over the place, wild cherry is a pioneer species and sprouts up like weeds in disturbed areas. Check with a tree trimmer or city park maintenence department or DOT, and they should be able to hook you up with some free logs and limbs.

Back