Comp Brisket Injection

motoeric

Babbling Farker
Reaction score
Hi,

If you were going to make an injection, as opposed to buying FAB or Butcher Boys, what would go in it?

Do the majority of high end competitors use commercial injections?

Thanks,

Eric

One package of Au jus mixed with 2 cups beef broth, 3 tbsp of bacon drippings, 1 tbsp of worcestershire sauce, 1 tblsp garlic powder, and 1 teasp of garlic powder. Every top ranked team however, uses either FAB, Butchers blend, or Kosmos Q, mixed with some concoction of their own.

an alternative

One alternative is to not inject. Make up for it with superior quality meat (prime, or wagyu) that has more natural beef flavor than most briskets, and tweak the flavor in other ways. A little application of concentrated beef stock post-slicing can help.

Brett

1528_1564_popup.jpg

Good call Crash. Damn and I thought I was the only one that knew about this stuff. ;)

Basically phosphates will retain moisture. No flavor, just retention.

If I was making my own, I'd add Amesphos.

I would add the amosphose (tri-sodium phosphate), salt, msg, I+G and a bit of flavoring to include worchestershire powder, chipolte powder, garlic powder, onion powder, hickory smoke powder or mesquite smoke powder and blend it all with low-salt beef broth. Other things can be added and you can use too much of all of the above but experimentation will assist in the proper portions. Just saying . . . . . . . . . .

Before I used the obvious, I used phosphate, beef broth, and marinaded with Head Country marinade.

Back