A BBQ Brethren Event Oct 6. Teams needed. NEBS/LI/NY/NJ Area Contest/Fundraiser in Staten Island.

BBQchef33

Grand Poobah and Site Admin

Batch Image
Reaction score
Folks, similar to the VA cook with the Suffolk County PD, we are helping the FDNY with a fundraiser on Oct 6 in Staten Island. Its a NEBS GRILLING fundraiser for a good cause. To raise $$ to help build SMART homes for 3 Army Vets/amputees back from Afghanistan. All proceeds from the contest go towards the building of these homes.

The FDNY has joined together with the Stephen Siller Tunnel to Towers Foundation to raise funds to help build homes for our American Heroes. They have raised over $200,000.00 to build the first home for SPC Brendan Marrocco on Staten Island and have continued to have fundraisers for the 2nd Quadruple Amputee, CPL TODD NICELY, USMC. They will continue to work with the foundation until all homes are built for the three quadruple amputees.

They are working on a website with details, but heres the entry form and cooks packet. They need teams, only a handful signed up.. if your free that weekend, its a great cause.

http://www.nebs.org/node/171

Would have loved to do this but already have a comittment for that weekend.:sad:

would you take a pa team :rolleyes:

of course! the bigger the better. :) i tried to put 'and surrounding areas' but ran out of room.

I always get bit when i put locations on thread titles but it gets folks to open them up, iits not meant to be exclusive. These guys have been advertising for awhile but havent gotten many bites, likly due to other events happening the same weekend. We have been working with them since they started. The organizer is a battalion commander in FDNY and is working his tail off. I hope we can help him succeed.

waiting for my sons football schedule to come out this week. if he's not playing that day we will be their.

Clearing the calendar and lining up teammates. If all goes well Buenos Diaz BBQ will be glad to help out this cause. Thanks for posting this thread.

Back