KCBS renewal online

The_Kapn

Moderator Emeritus

Batch Image
Reaction score
Just got my email to renew--no problem--glad to.
But, on the KCBS site I can find no way to do that without re-entering ALL of my data (and it is a bunch) on the stupid form and marking it "renewal".
Am I missing something??

At other sites, like the Brethren, the FBA, and others, they know who I am and all the rest of the details.
All I need to do click on a "Pay" button and go from there.

And, since I am bitching, the whole site is "cluttered" and no where near "user friendly" in many cases.

I certainly hope we are not paying big bucks for the design of this thing!

Anyway--anyone know of an reasonably easy way to renew online or am I just missing it??

Thanks

TIM

Just got my email to renew--no problem--glad to.
But, on the KCBS site I can find no way to do that without re-entering ALL of my data (and it is a bunch) on the stupid form and marking it "renewal".
Am I missing something??

At other sites, like the Brethren, the FBA, and others, they know who I am and all the rest of the details.
All I need to do click on a "Pay" button and go from there.

And, since I am bitching, the whole site is "cluttered" and no where near "user friendly" in many cases.

I certainly hope we are not paying big bucks for the design of this thing!

Anyway--anyone know of an reasonably easy way to renew online or am I just missing it??

Thanks

TIM

Nope, you aren't missing anything. Looks like you are just pointing out that their "Join" page wasn't designed very well. If you are renewing, you should only have to enter in your member id unless you wanted to change something.

Nope. I just did it. Same thing. Really a pain in the patooty. But still, better than mailing a check.

Last time I renewed my membership, I called to do it. Didn't take long.

dmp

Just a couple of minutes over the phone and you are once again a dues paying member in good standing. I did it last year.

Think I will just copy the email invoice and mail them a check.

If they are paying for a quality website, they are getting totally ripped off on this part of it.

TIM

Just call... you won't be on the phone 5 mins... (and that's if you want to chat).
Easy Breezy....

Hmmm - something must have changed since May or June of this year when I re-upped via the website. I've done the on-line renewal for the past 2 or 3 years & it's been a snap.

Hmmm - something must have changed since May or June of this year when I re-upped via the website. I've done the on-line renewal for the past 2 or 3 years & it's been a snap.

Dave,
If ya get a minute, go and try to renew now.
You can always cancel before you commit to pay.

A properly designed site would know who you are because you are logged on, or you could enter your member number.
You would click a button that says "renew" and your data would show up filled in from the database info.
You would be asked to review/modify the data and then click "Pay" which would take you to the PayPal site.

The system now requires you to rekey a whole lot of data that is on file and is simply BS in the modern WWW e-commerce world.

Basically--"Make it hard on your customers and they will go away. Make it easy on them and they will stay" ! Simple customer service principle.

Once again, If KCBS is spending big bucks for this section of the web site, they are getting ripped off and need to find a new webmaster/provider. This is an amateur developed part of the site.

Small side bitch--This function is done with Flash and an auto-fill program sees it as an "image" not a "form". So even my "very capable" auto-fill function will not work. :evil:

Small stuff, but details like this are what make an organization or company a success or failure.

TIM

I sent them an E Mail and said I would have done it on line but their site was not renewal friendly- mailed a check

You can send your letter of thanks to MMA for the wonderful job on the website. And yes they are getting the big bucks. But they own the decision makers on the board so that's all that really matters.

Once again, If KCBS is spending big bucks for this section of the web site, they are getting ripped off and need to find a new webmaster/provider. This is an amateur developed part of the site.

Small side bitch--This function is done with Flash and an auto-fill program sees it as an "image" not a "form". So even my "very capable" auto-fill function will not work. :evil:

Small stuff, but details like this are what make an organization or company a success or failure.

TIM

They picked a new web developer this past spring. MMA

Capability doesn't matter, just connections and influence on the board. The same reason the new scoring program was handed over to Sonny Ashford's son. And still isn't done, a year and a half later.

I had to call to renew. They said there are issues at times with paying online? I agree, it was a bit of a hassle because I waited a month, nothing came in the mail. So I called and it was then I found out there were "issues".

If you don't like the online signup don't use it.

As I understand it, MMA gets a cut of each membership ordered online, but not when you pay directly through the office. When you mail a check or call with your credit card KCBS gets the full funds without the MMA commission or online merchant fees.

I just renewed recently as well.

Slightly annoying? Sure.

Quicker than coming on here and complaining about it? Definitely.

The less of my information they have stored and retrievable online the better.

Made a decision.
Check completed this AM and ready to mail in early Dec.
Hate to make the office staff deal with it, but that is just the way it is sometimes.

TIM

Back