• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

BBQ Brethren "Fast Food" Throwdown!

Inspired by Whataburger's Bacon Cheeseburger with Jalapenos COMBO :-D

Start out with the base veggies. Only did 2 potatoes which was more than enough for my g/f and I. I also only used 1/4 of a pepper and onion (again, not being a real big fan of either)
PA244558.jpg

Then moved to the frieds, and sprinkled the seasoning on top before throwing in the oven.
PA244559.jpg

Once I cooked the bacon. I tore it up, and cut a few slices of Pepper Jack cheese (gives it a better spice flavor) and placed it all on the inside. Then took the half above it and pressed them together.
PA244560.jpg

I would have taken a cooking pic, but it gets a little too dark, too early for all that now. So here's the Slice of Life pic of the full plate.
PA244561.jpg

I promise you, this taste A MILLION time BETTER than it looks. (The money shot)
PA244565.jpg

Bingo! I'd hit that again.

Thanks, I think my g/f and I make some very good food. However, this burger was the best thing we've ever done. I honestly would pay $15 at a rest for this burger and it'd be worth it ... this coming from someone that hates onions with a passion.

Whataburger does make such a burger. They also have combo meals. However, you forgot the drink. It's not a combo without a drink. :becky:

CD

Whataburger does make such a burger. They also have combo meals. However, you forgot the drink. It's not a combo without a drink. :becky:

CD

ACTUALLY ........... I use to work at Chick Fil A and a drink isn't techinally "included" in the combo. They advertise it as being together but it's not, because if you get a water instead of a soda it'll be cheaper than the advertised price :becky:

One thing I particularly like about Chick Fil A that is different than EVERYWHERE else.......the wife and kids usually ask for no lettuce or tomato (WTF?:confused:) and when you look at the receipt, they actually TAKE OFF the cost of the lettuce and tomato, so their "special order" is cheaper than my regular one!:shock:

NO OTHER place does that. If I go to McD's and do the same thing, we pay full price. But you can BET that if I ADD something, they will charge for it.:roll:

Ok I'm out. :rapture:

If I need to know the policies and procedures for all the fast food locations in order to follow the special rules I'm sunk. I'm just happy when if I get through the drive through with something that resembles food.:smile:

Hahahaha.

Well I did forget. In the last pic you can see my cough cough 2 Sam Adams in the background ...

Okay okay okay, so now we have to include a drive thru as part of this?!?!? Does the short bus fit through the drive thru?

If Guerry is issuing certificates for the short bus then maybe he can do all the TD certificates too :becky:

Okay okay okay, so now we have to include a drive thru as part of this?!?!? Does the short bus fit through the drive thru?

If Guerry is issuing certificates for the short bus then maybe he can do all the TD certificates too :becky:

That would change it from people occasionally getting them to people NEVER getting them. Haven't you seen Redhot's procrastination comments about me?

Okay, for the slow kids...

1. Pick a fast food menu item.

2. Make a kicked up version of it.

3. Make a post in this thread -- tell us what the menu item is and show us a picture of your creation.

That's it.

CD:rolleyes:

Back