• working on DNS.. links may break temporarily.

ready for the Thanksgiving

Nice job! That looks pretty cool. I have a couple thoughts about it.

Be very careful working around it when the motor is running. If you catch a sleeve or other loose clothing on it and cannot reach the motor switch, you're in a heap of trouble! With gearing, that has a lot of torque and you won't stop it except by using the switch. The hazard is reduced by the low speed but still exists.

Then think about that WRT rental. If you rent this to someone and they get injured using it, what is your liability? That could be a heap of trouble too. I would add an interlock switch so the motor turns off when the door is open. I think you need to do some wiring before it is ready to rent anyway. The wiring to the plug looks a little scary and if someone electrocutes themselves with that ... you know the drill.

I would think twice about asking for a $100 cleaning deposit. Too many renters won't do a good enough job and you will still need to clean it before the next rental anyway. Better to just include a cleaning fee in the rental and let them know you'll take care of it.

Maybe a better strategy would be ti hire yourself out to roast pigs. You'd need to check with the health department to see if there are any requirements to do that. In some places you don't need to go to someone's house and prepare food.

Sorry to be so "Debbie Downer" on this. Maybe I'm just getting carried away about safety, liability and the law.

Back