Help - How much?

OutlawSwine

is one Smokin' Farker

Batch Image
Reaction score
I have been asked to cook lunch for a Habitat for Humanity build. I know the owner of the company that is sponsoring the build and he will be providing (paying for) all of the ingredients. All I have to do is volunteer my time and cooker.
I am planning on having pulled pork, ribs, chicken, baked beans, potato salad and chips. So far there are 73 people signed up to be there (it is actually 2 houses being built beside each other).

How much food should I plan on making? Cooker space is not a problem as I have a few people donating their time and cookers also. Any leftovers are being donated to a local homeless shelter.
Any help in figured the quantity will be greatly appreciated. I need to provide an estimated ingredient list to him by Sunday.

1/2 to 3/4 pound raw weight pork will mean extra.
Ribs - st louis cut 3 bones per person is very generous
drumstick per person
beans 3 -#10 cans plus fixings will make about 2 full pans.
Potato salad - 4 oz serving per person
Chips - in bulk just take the serving size from the package

If you have a catering biz don't forget to put your signs up everywhere you can and bring a stack of brochures and biz cards and press release to hand out never know when the newspaper and TV will show up!get your free advertising as your doing something good.

Back