Smokin' Scotsmen
Down Home BBQ
Rubbed Smoked and Sauced
Homefires Burnin' BBQ
Bavarian Smoke BBQ
KRE Smokers

Congratulations!!

Thanks Julie for the information.

Congrats to all Brethren Teams who made the big walk at this contest.

Pic of our leader. I will be disowned, banned, ejected, cant wear a kilt, etc, from the Scotsmen :icon_sad.:mrgreen:.......... Our fearless leader. He looks so comfy. His time to be the " Pit person who is not happy". Great logo to go!
(In reality..... he's just going over in his mind the timing how things should go when turin occurs).
Taste001.jpg

Last edited:
Geoff my friend................It was great knowing ya!
Great to meet again last evening, and yes your career disipation line in the corner of Walts eye is growing extreemly fast.
Good knowing you brother.
I may be looking for a teammate if your still alive after posting this photo!
Thoughts and prayers for ya friend.

Geoff, Geoff, Geoff... You are walking a thin line. I'd keep a sharp eye out for the Smo Sco Mo Ho coming up behind you :-D

Congrats to everyone who walked and to the Scotsmen for 5th overall. Anyone have the top tens in the individual categories.

congrats to all the Brethren.....another awesome showing....now, go home and SLEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEP.......

Geoff my friend................It was great knowing ya!
Great to meet again last evening, and yes your career disipation line in the corner of Walts eye is growing extreemly fast.
Good knowing you brother.
I may be looking for a teammate if your still alive after posting this photo!
Thoughts and prayers for ya friend.

You to. Great seeing the Mrs, Ruby, and yes, you (in order :wink:). Ya'll take care, and if ya need someone, git me (only if I get disowned of course. kinda like to keep my postion were I'm at)!

Pic of our fearless leader. I will be disowned, banned, ejected, cant wear a kilt, etc, from the Scotsmen :icon_sad, but I have to show this........... Our fearless leader after he took his "rest time" earlier in the morning. His time to be the " Pit female who is not happy". Great logo to go!

:eek::eek::eek::eek::mrgreen::wink:

Vivarin and strong coffee will be your new friends.:eek::eek::eek:

Congratulations to all who walked. Good representation by the Brethren again!

The Shigs would make great brethren. What a bunch of fun people!
Congrats to them and to all the Brothers who got calls.
That was a close one eh Scottie, way to go!

Let's see if we can get this thread back on line. Big congrats to all that walked: Sypdermike and his team kicked ash; the Midwest mafia scored big and kudos to Shigs-in-Pit who took it all.

Great to see old friends and meet new ones. The Taste of GR came through with beautiful weather and a great event.
Big thanks to Merl and Carol - real pleasure to finally meet - outstanding job of repping this event. Thanks also to Julie A for assiting in the event.

Walt & Tonto.

Full Results:

1. Shigs-in-Pit

2. Up in smoke and Chet too

3. Cancer Sucks Chicago

4. Doctor Porkenstein (Doctor Porkensteeeen :-D)

5. Smokin' Scotsmen

6. Downhome BBQ

7. Rubbed Smoked & Sauced

8. Homefires Burnin' BBQ tm

9. Bavarian Smoke BBQ

10. KRE Smokers

Chicken

1. Smokin' Scotsmen

2. Downhome BBQ

3. Shigs-in-Pit

4. BBQ Mole

5. Grilladelic

6. Up In Smoke and Chet too

7. Rubbed Smoked & Sauced

8. DNA Hog Farm

9. Pigs/N/ Digs BBQ tm

10. Extreme Roasters

Ribs

1. Meat Wagon Rescue Grille

2. Up in Smoke and Chet too

3. Cancer Sucks Chicago

4. Jus Blowin' Smoke

5. Dr. Chuckie's BBQ

6. Downhome BBQ

7. Grilladelic

8. Rubbed Smoked and Sauced

9. KRE Smokers

10. Shigs-in-Pit

Pork

1. Shigs-in-Pit

2. KRE Smokers

3. Doctor Porkenstein

4. Meatwagon Rescure Grille

5. Up in Smoke and Chet too

6. Cancer Sucks Chicago

7. Rubbed Smoked and Sauced

8. Downhome BBQ

9. Smokin' Scotsmen

10. All Day Smoke

Brisket

1. Smokin' Scotsmen

2. Doctor Porkenstein

3. Cancer Sucks Chicago

4. Up in Smoke and Chet too

5. Shigs-in-Pit

6. Homefires Burnin' BBQ

7. Port-A-Jon BBQ

8. Pigs-n-Digs BBQ

9. Bavarian Smoke BBQ

10. All Day Smoke

Jorge said:
Vivarin and strong coffee will be your new friends.:eek::eek::eek:

Jorge, any chance I can borrow that gun of yours......it would be 'justafiable homicide'. :evil:

Congratulations to all the Brethren forum members and all who got calls.

Congrats to Mike Denise and Hannah from Homefries Burning for a great showing!!!

Congratulations to all that walked espescially to our Brethren and GLBBQA teams!

Looks like someone could use a CPAP!:biggrin:

Woo hoo! Congrats, Walt, Tonto and team! Great job! I guess that beauty sleep paid off, Walt! :-D

Rich and John hit it out of the park this year with the 08 taste of Grand Rapids. I have been there many times in the past, and this year had to be one of the best!

It was great to see many old friends and new alike. Some great teams, and especially a few who looked so good on the stage for their first times.

It was also a joy to put faces with those whom I have met through the Great Lakes BBQ association. You all are doing a great job for promoting BBQ in this area. Keep up the magnificent work.

Carol and I enjoyed the hospitality and time with each of your. Julie and Wayne were fun to work with and did an outstanding job.

Again, congratulations to all who got a call.
Merl and Carol

Very nice showing!! Congrats to all that walked!!

Scottie--I hope sometime you'll tell KRE about our site, I'd sure like for them to visit over here. The Bellys met them at Charleston a few years back, they are just super people!

Thanks Everyone

Thanks for all the well wishing. We had a lot of fun. Scottsmen - nice job on the toast. The tennis courts were the place to be. Seemed like everyone was having fun.

Looking forward to having a couple of weeks off before the Madison broiler with 99% humidity and 105°F in the shade. Hope to see a lot of the Brethren there!

Stefan - Shigs In Pit

Back